Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2024 6:13:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VaFish]
Went to my cousins farm in Texas last week.

We did good this year, got 11 of them recovered.   Several others hit we didn't find.

Got this sow and piglet the first night.

Found this one about 100 yards down the road the next morning.

My Nephew and I had a group of hogs come out of the thicket close to us on the 2nd night, we did the 3,2,1 shoot thing.  Both picked the same hog, it had 2 bullet holes in it's head.

Son got this one with a shotgun with buckshot sneaking through the thick stuff.   He pushed a group of 20 out to me as I waited for them to cross the road.  They came out of the brush about 10 feet in front of me.  I did a mag dump, knocked 2 down, but didn't recover any of them.

This was our biggest hog, 191 lbs. shot about 10 minutes before we were going to quit hunting for the week.

googly eyes from the head shot.   Buddy had shot and not recovered a couple earlier in the week.  He didn't mess around on this one.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell yeah brother!  Looks like a good time for sure. Good shooting’!
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Must be pretty dry around there, anything we shoot is so caked with mud that you cannot tell what color they are.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:
Must be pretty dry around there, anything we shoot is so caked with mud that you cannot tell what color they are.
View Quote

It had rained a couple days before we arrived, and rained a little the day we left.  But one of the farms is in a river lowland and was pretty muddy.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#5]
What size do you eat / not eat?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:13:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VaFish] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ar15joe:
What size do you eat / not eat?
View Quote

Boars under 100 lbs, sows under 150.  Generally speaking.  Although the big boar was 192 lbs, but he didn't stink and the guys wanted to make a bunch of sausage, so we cut the back straps and hams out of him.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Very cool, what rifle set ups were yall running?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top