Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2017 1:00:55 PM EDT
I've been searching for Barnes 300 Blk TTSX round locally without success but I did find Hornady 110gr Vmax rounds in their Black series.
Anybody have any experience using this or other similar 110gr Vmax load on hogs?  I'm a little hesitant using a varmint bullet on hogs.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a couple hundred labeled as zombiemax and they kill ok with neck shots.   Cheaper than blacktip and kill a lot better than fmj.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]
At first 110 vmax was the only blk load I had. I think 2300fps from my 10" barrel and stupid accurate. They work well enough up to about 200lb'ers, then penetration seems to start becoming an issue. Really makes a mess of the little ones though.

I tried with 110 tac tx but never could get them to group well, more of a pattern. I have a hard time spending that much on bullets just to shoot some damn hogs anyway.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At first 110 vmax was the only blk load I had. I think 2300fps from my 10" barrel and stupid accurate. They work well enough up to about 200lb'ers, then penetration seems to start becoming an issue. Really makes a mess of the little ones though.

I tried with 110 tac tx but never could get them to group well, more of a pattern. I have a hard time spending that much on bullets just to shoot some damn hogs anyway.
View Quote
So which 300Blk round are you using on hogs now?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#5]
125 nosler bt 2nds but they don't seem to hold together as well as they should. I have a test batch of Hornady ssr loaded up but haven't tested them yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top