Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2016 9:15:46 AM EDT
I would like to know what gear predator hunters are using that have rechargeable batteries.
I'm tired of having to put 8 AA batteries in my ecaller, every other weekend. Shit's expensive. Refurbished FoxPro Firestorm from cabella's for those wondering.
My Mojo lasts longer but still 4 AA's for it.
All my flash lights have rechargeable batteries with chargers that can plug into my truck, or wall at the house.
And my thermal will use a set of C123A's every evening. But I am looking at the rechargeable battery pack from the manufacturer for it.

So, what do you use that is rechargeable. And how do you like it's run time on a full charge?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#1]
FYI Eneloop is the best Nimh

Costco sometimes has them for good price.  10 for 20 bucks IIRC.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:40:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Tenergy  RCR123's for my flashlight, IR illuminator , and NV scope.

Rechargeable FoxPro batteries is the only way to go IMO for your call.  My daughter is a nurse and I have an endless supply of AA's as they are required to change them after every patient.  However those will only run my Wildfire for an evening, but not my cs24c.

My red and green weapon lights use 18650's, and I have rechargeable for those too.

It hurt buying them up front, but I will say mine last about a 3 year cycle, for all sizes. All of mine get used at least two, sometimes three times a month for 9 months a year.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I use eneloop NIMH AAs and a Maha C9000 charger for my Foxpro caller, Mojo decoy, and game cameras. I've also done well with PowerEx batteries.

You will pay for it up front, but the most recent batteries I am using were purchased February 2014 and they aren't even close to needing to be replaced.  Those are the newest, and a lot of my batteries are significantly older.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top