Tacked Picture thread (Page 2 of 3)
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Nice lake trip
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#2]
It's been almost a year of full-time in the RV.

It's been fun, and we have stayed in all sorts of places spanning the "lifestyle."

Pulled into Michigan yesterday and my wife slapped the sticker on.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Built it myself

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#4]
We took delivery of this one Friday and have spent the weekend making it ours. The previous owner had a few issues that I was able to fix in just a few hours. Most notably, the genset leaked oil like a sieve so it wouldn’t run. It had been so long since it has run that the carburetor was gunked up.

Can anyone guess the source is the leak?

Attachment Attached File

After a fresh oil change and putting the carb bowl & jets in my ultrasonic cleaner she ran like a top. 4 hours worth of work saved me $12k!

2017 Holiday Rambler with less than 7000 miles on it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/26/2022 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

@OBE1CanOB

Bugs Island?
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FreeAmerican:

@OBE1CanOB

Bugs Island?
View Quote

Yes it is.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Boy got his license in the AM and decided to drive out in my other van to the camp site to hang out too.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:45:30 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
Incredible build! I'd love some more details. I've been teardropping for a handful of years now in a factory build. It's an incredible rig and we've got it dialed in with some nice features/amenities. We recently got a pup and are looking to upsize to have a more suitable place for her to sleep. Taking a hard look at the happier camper or overkill camper. Willing to consider recommendations that anyone has.

Photo 2 is a drawer/bike rack I built for it last year. Adds much needed storage and bike racks. It has drawers on each side that slide out fully. They're mostly used for bike tools, shoes, and dirty clothes. The teardrop rides much better with a little weight on the front.

It has a built-in 5 gallon water tank that's never been used. I'm afraid it'll leak into the bed or freeze and rupture the tank. If I decide to keep it longer I'll add a roof rack for solar and mount an external propane water heater and shower. I'd also think about upgrading the torsion axle to timbren and sizing up the wheels. Just love how smooth and easy it is to pull, and how fast it sets up. Averaging 19mpg towing with a Touareg at 70mph. Set up and level takes 5-10 minutes, and teardown is about the same.

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Beach trip this summerAttachment Attached File

Getting prepped with my old F150
Attachment Attached File

One of my favorite places at a SC State Park.
The picture is at about 2 am of the full moon
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:51:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wookie1562:
https://i.imgur.com/Ty2GGhu.png
View Quote

Love me some made in America 1-Up USA racks.

Link Posted: 9/15/2022 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Apache?
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dsquared_5:

Apache?
View Quote

@dsquared_5

Pirateland

Family has loved it there. Not sure about its future since being bought out.

Other pic is at Cheraw SP
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#13]
@lizARdman15

Gotcha! That High Rise in the background kind of looked like the north end.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#14]
My go anywhere RV in a Southern Utah dispersed camping area.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Took the new camper out for a javelina hunt. No pigs but we had a great time

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/17/2022 3:35:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quick trip over the weekend

Link Posted: 12/3/2022 11:52:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Getting paid to do a little winter camping.  

Dinner night 1

Sitting in my rocker chair watching a show.

Dinner night 2

Making tea and watching the show on night 2

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#18]
My wife and I pulled our travel trailer out of storage today.  At our last house we had a good sized concrete pad and it sat adjacent to our garage.  We moved in December 2021 and the house we bought didn't have any room for storage, and so we have been storing it offsite in a temperature controlled garage.

I don't love the setup, and the next house we buy will hopefully have a shop/garage big enough to store it inside.

However, it was far more convenient to get it home than I had expected.  And we got lucky in that our driveway is big enough to park the trailer and we can still get into our garage.

The trailer got dropped off at storage in November 2021 and this is the first time I've seen it since.  We're going to clean it up this weekend and go through it, I need to test the water system and make sure it doesn't have any leaks but from what I can see everything seems good.  I am hoping to drive it down to Reno, NV this spring and have a large solar panel/inverter/lithium battery setup installed so we can ditch the generator all together.

This is also the first time towing it with my F350 Powerstroke and holy cow it is different than my Raptor.

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 9:25:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKH] [#19]
Originally Posted By astrocreep96:
My wife and I pulled our travel trailer out of storage today.  At our last house we had a good sized concrete pad and it sat adjacent to our garage.  We moved in December 2021 and the house we bought didn't have any room for storage, and so we have been storing it offsite in a temperature controlled garage.

I don't love the setup, and the next house we buy will hopefully have a shop/garage big enough to store it inside.

However, it was far more convenient to get it home than I had expected.  And we got lucky in that our driveway is big enough to park the trailer and we can still get into our garage.

The trailer got dropped off at storage in November 2021 and this is the first time I've seen it since.  We're going to clean it up this weekend and go through it, I need to test the water system and make sure it doesn't have any leaks but from what I can see everything seems good.  I am hoping to drive it down to Reno, NV this spring and have a large solar panel/inverter/lithium battery setup installed so we can ditch the generator all together.

This is also the first time towing it with my F350 Powerstroke and holy cow it is different than my Raptor.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105138/1673646062812-2670859.jpg
View Quote

I thought you had a fiver for some reason?  How do you like your setup? That diesel doesn’t even know you are loaded does it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By HKH:

I thought you had a fiver for some reason?  How do you like your setup? That diesel doesn’t even know you are loaded does it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HKH:
Originally Posted By astrocreep96:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105138/1673646062812-2670859.jpg

The Lance is a decent trailer.  Not perfect but suits our family well.

I bought it when I had my raptor and it was "half-ton towable."  That technically was true, and we did it quite a bit, but in hindsight of course we needed a bigger truck.

If I were to do it over now I would probably look harder at Arctic Fox, Outdoors RV, or Airstream.  Having a bunkhouse trailer has been really good for us and the kids, so I think we will keep this until our kids are out of the house and then get something else (which won't be for a long time).

As far as size goes, it works out well for us.  We can fit into any state or national park and we've towed it in some urban areas where a bigger trailer could be a problem.  It doesn't have a couch or area to lounge around in, but we don't spend any time inside during the day anyway.

And for the short drive today, the F350 does indeed tow it like it isn't even there.  Driving around today wasn't any different than driving the truck around on its own.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 8:15:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: astrocreep96] [#21]
Oh boy, busy weekend with the trailer.

We stored it offsite in Nov 2021, this weekend was the first time we've pulled it out.  Before we put it away we winterized it and cleaned it, and it's been indoors in a temperature controlled garage so not a lot should happen but still made me nervous leaving it that long.

Anyway, we got it home and flushed and tested the water system, heater and fridge.  Re-winterized the plumbing, thoroughly cleaned everything and washed all the sheets/towels.

Everything worked great, no leaks inside or anything.  It rained a bit over the weekend so I was able to look through it for any leaks there too.

Cleaned and lubed the slide, checked all the tires.  We did pull all the wheels off and relubed the wheelbearings.  The Dexter axles have a simple zirk fitting inside the hub so it was really easy.

Also installed this Rev-a-Shelf setup in the little pantry storage.  We will see how it works.  It's a compromise since it takes up some room itself, but on the other hand what is there is much more accessible.  If we don't like it I can take it out and still throw the old shelves back in.

Trailer is basically all tuned up and ready for the year.  Last project I want to do is get a Morryde shelf installed into the front storage area.  I plan to take it to Reno sometime this spring for a big solar/lithium/inverter setup.  Sometime in the spring I will bring it back home to hop up and inspect the roof and wash the outside I guess.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Did some odd-roading today. The nice thing was we packed down the road on the inbound trip making it easy to get out.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Just picked up this 2021 Kodiak 185MB. Pulling it home, we averaged 16.3 MPG and it towed effortlessly behind the Tundra.

Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File
2016 shadow cruiser.Attachment Attached File
before airbagsAttachment Attached File
after lol!
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Coming home from Colorado last summer.

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Wife and I upgraded to a bus chassis. We enjoyed the Tiffin but it was time to get some space and more importantly get a diesel!

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
Wife and I upgraded to a bus chassis. We enjoyed the Tiffin but it was time to get some space and more importantly get a diesel!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430646/144893-2787880.jpg
View Quote

Nice...  funny enough, we're trying to downsize.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:30:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By The_Dog:

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430646/144893-2787880.jpg

I was thinking of you when I drove it home Saturday!
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:51:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Dog] [#29]
View Quote

So details.   I need details.

And did you go get your class B drivers license yet?

ETA:  This is what I'm trying to talk the wife into.  Dynamax Europa.  31ft.  The issue is it's about 40k more than we said we'd spend.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:21:58 AM EDT
[#30]

ETA:  This is what I'm trying to talk the wife into.  Dynamax Europa.  31ft.  The issue is it's about 40k more than we said we'd spend.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/12621/231319-2788082.jpg
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/12621/231319-2788082.jpg
Not yet on the DL. 2021 Newmar Ventana with 15k. Excellent shape. 2 bathrooms, king bed. 400 HP with a tag axle. Pretty much should last us til we are ready to hang it up.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Some pics from our trip a few months ago

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:00:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZNetEng] [#32]
Some additional pics...

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#33]
I downsized...big timeAttachment Attached File

Sold the MH

Got a truck bed tent

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Jekyll Island is a cool place to be.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#35]
2019 F350 and a 2016 Fusion toy hauler.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 2:42:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: turfengineer] [#36]
Attachment Attached File

2022 F350 pulling a 2022 Alliance Avenue 32rls. First trip with the fifth wheel.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 7:27:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: astrocreep96] [#37]
Taking our trailer out for its first trip this year, I was due for new batteries and of all places, Camping World had Battleborn batteries in stock.

I had been holding off purchasing these as I thought they might be too big for our battery compartments, but after looking at them in person they looked like they fit.

So we now have two 100ah Batteborn LiPO4 batteries.  Our previous batteries were the cheap little giveaway Interstate HD24-DP batteries, each with 64ah of capacity so between the two of them were were at ~60ah capacity at best if we fully discharged each one.  We will now have a legitimate 200ah of capacity, plus they're lighter and will store long term much better.

Link Posted: 7/20/2023 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Sammich maker and I got our first RV this year, a Storyteller Overland Beast. We've taken a couple trips in it and love it. Pic from the San Juan mountains near Wolf Creek Pass last month

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#40]

I keep everything setup so the kids and grandkids can come out and have their own place.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 8:01:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4FishLimit] [#41]
It’s been a busy summer so far, which means not much time for camping unfortunately.

We were finally able to get out for a quick weekend this week. Found an excellent little campground just outside Lava Hot Springs in Idaho:

There’s a strong likelihood that the tow vehicle will be changing by the time we get our next trip in.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:36:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JLH3] [#42]
Attachment Attached File
We managed to get out this summer before it got stupid hot.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#43]
This was my 2016 Voltage toy hauler. Was great for us with the kids. Unfortunately, the length was always something we had to plan around.

Attachment Attached File

We decided to sell and buy another. We wanted a small 5th wheel we could zip in and out with. Something we could use at every site and not have issues. The Voltage pulled down the highway AWESOME, but made maneuverability in tight campgrounds a pain. The new Cougar so far has been pretty impressive. Also went from about 7.5mpg to 11mpg. 19k empty weight to 7.5k empty weight.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/20/2023 11:39:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Decided to take my parents trailer out that has been sitting at my property for the past year unused. They haven't been able to use it since they bought it as my mother was waiting for a knee replacement and it was finally done about 2 months ago. She is getting to where she can climb stairs now so I figured I would give it a shakedown run for them. Found a few things that need to be addressed, but overall it did very well, and the added space over a truck camper was awesome
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#46]
We took our new TOAD out for a spin…Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 10:26:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Dog] [#47]
We brought our new Super C home today.   Then immediately took it out to our covered storage.   The rain we need.  Hail dents...  not so much.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#48]
We brought our new Super C home today.   Then immediately took it out to our covered storage.   The rain we need.  Hail dents...  not so much.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/12621/20231004_191401-2978461.jpg
View Quote

Very nice!
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#50]
I have two vans.  One is very well built out and one is pretty minimal.  

Page / 3
Tacked Picture thread (Page 2 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top