Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2017 12:20:46 PM EDT
He's a local GA Tech class and he damaged his cheap chinese radio by connecting power backwards.

I found the schematic and we were able to get it working again by diagnosing a Zener in the power input circuit had shorted.

He's waiting on a replacement and should be good to go unless he buggers the soldering.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I need to do some similar troubleshooting for an HT I have laying around (when I get a few minutes...maybe in 20 years or so). No battery, but worked fine with leads clipped to the + and - terminals. One day, I accidentally clipped one of the leads to the 3rd terminal, marked E. Now it's dead as a doornail. Doh!
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds more like he's from UGA, than Ga Tech.  

Seriously, though......good on ya, for helping out.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh sorry.  He is a Tech license, here in GA, not a graduate of the North Avenue trade school.

"I said 'ground hog meat...not groundhog meat.'"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top