Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2015 6:56:47 PM EDT
I am having trouble getting Hamlib to work.  FLRIG works fine but FLDIGI won't control the rig at all.  If you've solved this, please let me know what you did to get it work.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
What rig?  I had it working with the IC-7200 and the KX3.  But I have not done anything with it in the last few weeks after getting sick.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a couple ways to do rig control with FLDIGI. rig cat and FLrig. Also rig needed. Are you using a serial usb adapter? Does OSX have a dialout group? Phurba where are you?!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I need it to work with my Kenwood TS-2000.  The main problem with FLDIGI is that there are no Kenwood rigs in the list of rigs on FLDIGI's Hamlib config page.  

Yes, I am using a serial USB adapter.  I just got drivers for it installed and working.  I know it is working because I can control the rig from WSJTX and FLRIG.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Insufficient information to provide help for your specific configuration.  I've been running FLDIG on Mac OS X for many years with no problems.  If your issue is only with rig control, and if you intend to run FLRIG at the same time as FLDIGI then you must configure FLDIGI to use FLRIG for rig control / status.  Both FLDIGI and FLIRIG can be configured to use the serial driver (or USB driver for a USB serial class device), but only the first application to open the driver will get access to it.  Your options are:

1.  Quit FLRIG while running FLDIGI if FLDIGI is configured to use the serial port.
2.  Setup FLDIGI to use FLRIG (where FLRIG is acting in a client / server role).

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I need it to work with my Kenwood TS-2000.  The main problem with FLDIGI is that there are no Kenwood rigs in the list of rigs on FLDIGI's Hamlib config page.  

Yes, I am using a serial USB adapter.  I just got drivers for it installed and working.  I know it is working because I can control the rig from WSJTX and FLRIG.
View Quote

Under rig ctrl > xml-rpc click the check box. That allows flrig to control fldigi
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a single Kenwood XML file that covers most Kenwood radios when using RigCat.  The reason is that Kenwood was a bit more forward looking when they designed their digital interface, and designed all their radios (except the 590 and 990, and perhaps some of others) to adhere to the same computer command interface.  Kenwood's computer command manual applies to a great number of models.

If you select Rig Control under the FLDIGI Configure menu, and then select the Hamlib tab, you'll find a Kenwood TS-2000 (Beta) entry in the menu list.  I'd give that a try.  If that has issues, you can locate the generic XML file for the bulk of Kenwood models (which has no model designator in the filename) and use that with RigCat.  In both cases, you need to select the serial device in the Device pop-up menu, with the proper baud rate and stop bits, and then click initialize.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#7]
My problem is that there is no Kenwood entry in fldigi's Hamlib Rig drop down.  All there is in there are 7 Yaesu rigs. I will try to reinstall FLDIGI again.  

Did any of you have to install Hamlib before installing FLDIGI?  If so, remember how you did that?

I've googled for Hamlib on OSX and it looks like it has to be built.  That can be a nightmare and I hate doing that since FLRIG and WSJTX works fine without it.  Seems like FLDIGI should work fine without it also...but is doesn't.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Seems that your installation of FLDIGI is missing components that should be there.  I've seen a HamLib entry for TS-2000 (Beta) in previous versions and am seeing it in version 3.22.04.  The HamLib entry came with the installation and I didn't have to do anything extra to get it.  

You should not have to build anything on Mac OS X.  The posted downloads on the W1HKJ page should have everything you need.  Just download, move to your Applications folder (or wherever you want it to be) and launch it.  All the support should be there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Just downloaded fldigi-3.22.05_i386.dmg from the W1HKJ downloads page to upgrade from 3.22.04 to 3.22.05.  Mounted the .dmg and dragged FLDIGI to my Applications folder.  Then launched FLDIGI and checked and did find the Kenwood TS-2000 (Beta) entry in the current version.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok thanks tacita.  You've pretty much proven something is bad with my install.  I'll make sure I get it from the location you mentioned and reinstall.  Everything should work after that.  

Thanks for everyone's help.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#11]
If it doesn't, don't hesitate to chime back in!  73
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Crap.  I am sometimes a idiot.  You know when I said there were 7 Yaesu rigs?  Well there are....

but those are the 7 rigs AT THE BOTTOM OF A LIST OF SOMETHING LIKE 86 MORE RIGS, including, just like you said "Kenwood TS-200 (Beta)".

ARGGG!

It still doesn't work.  Maybe I have a serial parameter wrong. I'm comparing the fldigi default serial port parameter list with flrig.  Pretty sure it is something about as obvious as my previous ballup.  Or maybe I should go to bed and try again tomorrow.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#13]
OK.  Now I've got FLDIGI working with the TS2000 at 56KB.  Nice.  

Tomorrow...Get SignalLink setup.  Get transmitter setup.

Time now to watch a movie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top