Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2015 8:56:39 PM EDT
Sorry for the long delay on this, I've been working solo getting the editing and tweaking done for my book. I've been nearly six months and so much work, as hard as writing it I think.

Finally though, without hesitation I have published this book on Amazon Kindle.

It is MASSIVELY discounted for a short time only. You can get it for only $0.99 from 2nd November 2015 to 5th November 2015. After that it goes back up to $4.99

Here's the book title:

Be warned there are graphic scenes. It's got a lot in it, quite far from the typical tales of good vs bad in PAW fiction. It's also multi-deist with some Sci-Fi, adventure etc. Will be part of a series so more to follow in future times...

The Mountain Leader

Mike Oakley stood over six feet tall with beaming hazel-green eyes. In his early fifties and resembling that of the pioneer, that of the mountain man. His face was worn with time and hard-adventuring in his youth. Despite this, even in middle-age he had the charisma to light up a room with his own brand of appeal and charm. Mousy-colored hair that was cropped short contrasted his now fully-grown red beard.

So far his zeal had been blunted and eroded with the time spent at the town that had nearly enslaved them - Gelstown. It was fair to say that he and his fifty or so companions were on the verge of either going down the broad, easy path of servitude or a new way entirely.

“We've been treated like cattle and you all know it's going to get worse. These meddling covenants of the magistrates are just the start.” Oakley said and no-one could disagree. The friendly welcome they'd received as refugees from their broken-down convoy did not last long before the regulations came out against them.

“But what is this place you had us follow you for then Mike?” A father of two spoke with a hiss. “By going with you we ended up being stranded in the convoy. Then you led us here where we are disarmed and practically slaves! How can going up into your mountains be safer?”

“It is more than mere mountains!” Oakley responded with gritty passion. “The Mountain Hold I speak of is an ideal as well as a new home, a place safe from anything the world can throw at us. We can settle it, we keep it, we can own land without taxes and most of all...” Oakley paused to gesture to them.

“We never again let corrupt leaders control us with their slavish ways like here! Tomorrow night is when it happens. All I ask is you follow my lead and we can break out of this prison, then escape to sanctuary and freedom.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhfRMVhWs2U

..... A few chapters later - Breakout!

The sounds of vehicles rattling to life echoed faintly in the chaos and hurly-burly as Oakley and his crowd, now prepared to take flight. The vehicles were making wide turns to get facing westwards before the gates closed.

At the western gateway there was only one guard as the other had gone to grab body armor stored in his home. Over at the other gateways they had already zealously closed their gates and rolled the barrier trucks in place totally locking-down any way in or out. At the western gateway the gate commander, Glyndon pushed one iron slide-bar into place. Then he stepped forward to grab onto the second one as two townsmen began to push at the barrier truck. If that went into place the town would be fully locked-down.

Barber made deeds his maxim; pulling forwards with a stomp at the pedal. The Cummin's diesel engine roared as he surged the vehicle forward then slammed on the brakes. The heavy truck halted to nudge slightly against the gates; preventing the remaining slide-beams from aligning but not smashing apart and ruining the gateway mechanism.

The gate commander Glyndon began waving his Mini-14 around at Barbers head and screamed for him to reverse. There was a mixture of panic and wild anxiety on his face, contrasting with Barbers ice-cool calm. Glyndon had a passionate way about him though and felt his lock-down plan had been upstaged by Barber's move.

The convoy behind Barber was lined-up in waiting vehicles and some of the passengers were clearly aiming their weapons at Glyndon. The two townspeople stopped pushing the truck and it rolled short, now they watched the stand-off commence. Neither of them tried to reach for their weapons, both knowing to do so would be unwise.
Glyndon looked nervously and saw the other weapons now aimed at him cooling his heels a touch.

“Easy now son. If we really had it in for your town we'd of smashed though and you know it.” Oakley cautioned to the guard who grimaced. “You pull that trigger and you follow him into the next world.” Oakley said firmly with eyes like a cold shark on Glyndon. Barbers window was down making his words carry easily.

The old leader was not aiming his drawn revolver in-sight of Glyndon but held it low at his waist, ready to fire across Barber and through the doorway if need be. He staged the trigger, ready for whatever came.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT8pKI_Gztg

The Raider Lord

Those surviving gangs of the city now had either fled or agreed to support him with extra troops or supplies like the vassal barons of olden times. Water shortages were now eliminated with the restarting of the pumping-station. It was this alone that fully won the survivor-population to his side. As support for him grew survivalists and preppers became isolated and betrayed as Charrak crushed each and every one he could find.

Charrak had no love lost for survivalists. They were armed, independent, opposed to his ways and he couldn't have that. It was reason enough to persecute any that would not surrender to him in Redmond. Only one redoubt eluded his wrath by boldly staging a breakout. They used wagons with home-made armor plating to burst out from a fortified compound guns blazing. It was a surprising and daring counter-assault that cost him over twenty-five of his men, including six Wolfhounds. They escaped onto the north-eastern highway eluding their pursuers. The rest fell stubbornly to Charrak's forces though. This convinced him that no matter how well-fortified something was, it would ultimately cave-in to his will.

The long past memories departed as the sound of Simon and his pilot-biker brought Charrak back to the present. Climbing out of the Bearcat he faced them.
“Surrender?” Charrak asked bluntly. Simon shook his head throwing the white flag to a Dogsoldier who caught it.

“No, they will resist my Lord.” He said making a brief bow of the head in respect. “A sheriff leads the town along with a civilian mayor. They claim to be part of the ISTAR. I could not sway them to surrender.” Simon answered, going into further details about the exchange.

The Lord of the Tribe focused his grim stare at the distant trees, walls and watchtower of Tonswater.

“It matters not what they think they are, I'll have their town no matter what!" As the siege began he looked lustily at the distant town that defied him.

“Oh, you'll be mine. If I have to pile up corpses at the walls and reduce it to rubble you'll be mine!” He declared, shouting out his venom towards the town to the west.
The preppers and survivalists in Redmond had learned their lesson, so would Tonswater.

Copyright - Tyler Danann
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Edit: Im special and didnt see the paperback available.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Edit: Im special and didnt see the paperback available.
View Quote

Here you go!

https://www.createspace.com/4648726
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top