Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2017 10:14:13 PM EDT
Guys and gals, what is the best (quality/price) tri-fuel kits for a Honda eu2000 genny?

Any brands to stay away from?

TIA
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not know the answer to your question
but I'm in 

I ordered one of these for my generator, Champion brand, Honda clone engine
it'll be here Tuesday

I looked at the "kits" and watched a bunch of you tube videos and decided I don't need to spend the $200++ on a "kit"
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
In on this
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Guys and gals, what is the best (quality/price) tri-fuel kits for a Honda eu2000 genny?

Any brands to stay away from?

TIA
View Quote

Although there are several choices on the market.
I use US carb out of Summerville, West Virginia. They have always done good by me and their product does great and is simple to install.
I hate being without power, I like to have things easy in life and struggling without power ain't on my to do list.

I've been to US carb in person to see their business.

Here is one of my many generators that are tri fuel. Although I convert most of my other generators, US carb did this one so as to keep the factory Yamaha warranty.

My little EU2000 and a few other friends. I have tri fuel kits on most my generators and if not already installed, I have the kit in a box ready to install if needed.

My little natural gas stub out for my small generators.

My big natural gas stub out for my 20HP generator.

To run the big generator on propane you either need a large propane tank with a lot of boil off space or use several small tanks to be able to supply the fuel needed by the generator during high demand.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Great setup, rockyriver! Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is the motor snorkel that goes on the EU2000

Take the air breather off the carb and sandwich the motor snorkel between the breather and carb.

Here it is installed and back togeather.

Mount the regulator any old way you want on or off the generator. I mounted mine on the gen.

You set your air fuel mixture by this bolt I'm twisting in the picture. (Not a eu2000 pictured, but same regulator).
You simply adjust it back and forth until the engine is running smooth and at top RPM.
It's simple as simple to adjust air fuel mixture for propane or natural gas.
I suggest one of the small engine RPM meters.

Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I also used US Carb for my Yamaha 2400 inverter generator and I have no complaints.  I have a 1000 gallon buried propane tank with a QD attachment similar to what was posted above.  Also have the ability to use 20 or 30lb tanks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump. Any others than US Carb?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bump. Any others than US Carb?
View Quote
I think these guys do also or used too.
http://www.centralmainediesel.com/new-generators-2.asp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top