Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2017 3:07:18 PM EDT
I know it may be a little dated with some recent offerings, but I like to have it around.

Most of my stuff is AA anyway.

My problem is accidentally turning the damn thing on when its in a bag or stuffed in a center console.

I've killed a number of batteries and its a drag to reach for a light that doesn't work.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know it may be a little dated with some recent offerings, but I like to have it around.

My problem is accidentally turning the damn thing on when its in a bag or stuffed in a center console.

I've killed a number of batteries and its a drag to reach for a light that doesn't work  .
View Quote

The manual says to unscrew the head 2.5 turns if leaving unattended for more than a couple of days to prevent slow drain of the batteries.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The manual says to unscrew the head 2.5 turns if leaving unattended for more than a couple of days to prevent slow drain of the batteries.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've killed a number of batteries and its a drag to reach for a light that doesn't work  .

Yep...mechanically lock it out by untwisting any head, especially if the light has a digital/electric switch, which is always ON and causes parasitic drain.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I have tried that, but somehow banging around in the truck or bag still activated.

I probably didn't give it enough turns.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Might try wrapping the head in electrical tape to prevent it from turning on.

One other trick that works with some lights is to put a thin piece of plastic between one end of a battery and its holder, so that it doesn't make electrical contact until you pull out the plastic.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

As above, I unscrew mine.  Otherwise it drains the batteries.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top