Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 5:26:19 AM EDT
Propper has this APECS gear, and it looks like really good stuff.  Any .mil guys want to chime in?  Or civvies who might own it?  In particular, would it be too warm for 70º weather?

I'm specifically looking at this:

https://www.epropper.com/products/89/category/49/APECS+Parka+-+Made+in+USA.htm

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#1]
NFW I would wear that in 70deg weather. I won't bust out my APECS until its closer to 40...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Thanks.  I live in Florida, so I have little need for a cold-weather jacket.  OTOH, it's nice to have one for the rare times I need it.  On the other OTHER hand, I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money on a coat I'll wear once or twice in five years.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not that bad.  A little lighter than the old ECWCS, more like a soft shell design rather than the design of the old Gore-Tex.  Better at keeping the wind out rather than being a "warm" coat.  Designed to wear with the fleece.

It wouldn't be bad in Florida depending on the location.  For 70 degrees?  Maybe a tad warm.  Under 60 degrees?  Not so bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top