Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:39:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't carry it every day, but I keep a Leatherman Core in my work vehicle.  It has come in handy many times and the blades are just as sharp as they were when I got it in 2008.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Picked up a Leatherman OHT today to add to the collection that includes the Wave, Surge, Micra, FREE T4, Super-Tool, Crunch, Skeletool and Squirt. Great multi-tools and the only brand I'll buy. Won't leave home without one.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Another wave vote.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another wave vote.
View Quote

I'm not bashing the Wave fans, but man, every time I grab one, I just don't like it.  About the only tool I like on it is the diamond coated file.  I recently picked up the Free P4 and think it's superior (minus the file).  The Wave is well constructed, but is limited for what I want in a tool and I don't care much for Leatherman's bit driver.

Of all my Leatherman tools the two Wave's I have rank at the bottom...not sure why, I just can't find any love for them:  I've gone to the "Swiss-Side" with the Spirit as my favorite, general purpose tool.

Crunch
Free P4
Surge
Wingman/Sidekick
PS/PS4
Supertool 300
Squirts
Skeletool
Charge Ti
Wave
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Victorinox Swiss Army SwissTool Spirit X. I've used an old original Leatherman and a LM Rebar for years but the Swisstool beats them all.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Victorinox is really nice.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Victorinox Swiss Army SwissTool Spirit X. I've used an old original Leatherman and a LM Rebar for years but the Swisstool beats them all.
View Quote

I carry mine in a Blue Force Gear 10-Speed pistol mag pouch on the belt and it really just "disappears".  Everyone has different needs for a multitool and while I wish the Spirit X had a little more narrower needle nose pliers and a diamond file like on the Leatherman, it has the most useful tools for me and solid construction.

It's hard for me to say it's "better" than the others, it just works for me better.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I throw my old Gerber in a bag when traveling (mostly out of habit) and I can see how all the extra bits some makers offer can really up the usefulness of a multitool, but I've gone full on into SAKs. I rarely even carry a dedicated knife anymore (Lord knows I have plenty! ). A Pioneer or a Cadet in my watch pocket is so much more compact and I can stash a few pairs of pliers here and there. If I need more than that then I'm probably better off with a dedicated tool, or a hammer.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Gerber is more comfortable to me then the leatherman.
View Quote

Yea, with all those bandaids from pinched fingers
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top