Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:53:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I am kind of curious if a simple setup could be made with a hydronic baseboard heater to thermosiphon from an air to liquid heat exchanger on the stove.  Would need at a minimum of a temperature and pressure relief valve to be safe, possibly more.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am kind of curious if a simple setup could be made with a hydronic baseboard heater to thermosiphon from an air to liquid heat exchanger on the stove.  Would need at a minimum of a temperature and pressure relief valve to be safe, possibly more.
View Quote
Could it be done....probably.

Should it be done....probably not.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The lanterns aren’t a bad idea.  I collect Coleman’s that are sometimes pressed in to hiney heating duty.  These are conservatively rated at 3500 BTU’s and run at 99.2 efficiency.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/139525/37481A0E-E3DB-4B65-92A8-7202F65C9DB1_jpeg-732917.JPG
View Quote
Sorry to hijack but I have a Coleman just like that but not as good a shape.

Back on topic:
Used to use propane lanterns for heat also.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top