Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the link. Loved the movie. Really well done. Very realistic.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://www.survivalistfilm.com/
View Quote

Thanks for the link.  It looks like it's available on several streaming sites.

Looks like it's restricted to viewing only in the UK.  I should have read the entire thread first.

Link Posted: 3/17/2016 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I watched it this morning and thought it was ok.

It is strange at first when the guy is by himself and there is no dialogue.

It did a good job of making you want to know what happened next.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:50:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was not impressed by it.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 5:04:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was not impressed by it.

+1

I have to say, I thought the movie AS A MOVIE, was pretty good. Simple but solid story, camera work, acting in general was pretty good as well, and it has 94% score in Rotten Tomatoes so yes, it is good. As a survival movie specifically, I think it did an exellent job in showing what bare bones human interaction looks like in such an extreme situations. Distrust, risk/reward situations, confidence, love, lust, etc.
My question is, and now asking more within the survival genre, if this wasnt good which ones would you consider to be better survival movies? Top of my head Im thinking Stranded, but Im curious what othet good survival movies I may be missing.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 6:47:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can't find it on youtube....except a few small 2 minute clips.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

Where did you find it?
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Where did you find it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Where did you find it?

IM sent

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#9]
The link shows amazon instant... but not until April
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree with ferfal.

If you felt it was blah, list what you enjoyed more or felt was better overall.

The survivalist seems decent to me in being based in a sucky reality and as it went on a lot of the problems that showed were expected, but still wanted to see how they were dealt with.

Some of the scenes will make or break people and their dreams.  Do you really make use of every single item?  That concept of reduce, reuse, recycle, and do without when something fails takes on a new look for me when I watched the movie.

I guess I liked it because it had no rambo or mad max stuff in it.  It seemed entrenched in reality and at times it seemed to be sucking the life out of the characters.  

And as it ended I decided that what character fit the name of the movie had changed as the movie went on.

It is not a perfect movie for teaching everything.  But as I said in my first post, it sure the heck can make a long list of threads we have had in this section of the board over the years.

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 1:07:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Just watched it guys. Pretty good. You have to get past the first part. I came close to turning it off....wait...it gets better.

Thank yo for the link!
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 1:10:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I agree with ferfal.

If you felt it was blah, list what you enjoyed more or felt was better overall.

The survivalist seems decent to me in being based in a sucky reality and as it went on a lot of the problems that showed were expected, but still wanted to see how they were dealt with.

Some of the scenes will make or break people and their dreams.  Do you really make use of every single item?  That concept of reduce, reuse, recycle, and do without when something fails takes on a new look for me when I watched the movie.

I guess I liked it because it had no rambo or mad max stuff in it.  It seemed entrenched in reality and at times it seemed to be sucking the life out of the characters.  

And as it ended I decided that what character fit the name of the movie had changed as the movie went on.

It is not a perfect movie for teaching everything.  But as I said in my first post, it sure the heck can make a long list of threads we have had in this section of the board over the years.

View Quote

I like how it showed the importance of farming/stored food.

Everyone thinks they'll be hunting and fishing their way to a fat belly. Yeah, no

Also, glad they had the actors get thin...scrawny thin.....that made it more real for me.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just watched it guys. Pretty good. You have to get past the first part. I came close to turning it off....wait...it gets better.

Thank yo for the link!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thank yo for the link!

The first part has that weirdo indie film  moment, but hey, its not as if theres anything there every guy doesnt see three or four times a day. I get it though how it may feel uncomfortable for some people. On the other hand there's also something else there, and it goes back to that bare bones human emotion during isolation; The guy is alone, and yes, horny. Real feelings that would actually happen in that situation for a man of that age.

Quoted:

Everyone thinks they'll be hunting and fishing their way to a fat belly. Yeah, no

Also, glad they had the actors get thin...scrawny thin.....that made it more real for me.

We've seen before how wild animals get depleated in days. Today it would be even worse. There wont be any game within a week if everyone out there tries to put food on the table with a gun.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The first part has that weirdo indie film  moment, but hey, its not as if theres anything there every guy doesnt see three or four times a day. I get it though how it may feel uncomfortable for some people. On the other hand there's also something else there, and it goes back to that bare bones human emotion during isolation; The guy is alone, and yes, horny. Real feelings that would actually happen in that situation for a man of that age.

We've seen before how wild animals get depleated in days. Today it would be even worse. There wont be any game within a week if everyone out there tries to put food on the table with a gun.
FerFAL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank yo for the link!

Quoted:

FerFAL

This is the truth.

Acres of habitable land:  15.77 billion

World population:  7.4 billion

Just over 2 acres per person isn't a lot if every one needed to hunt for their food  

I enjoyed the movie, but I also enjoyed the more liberal SHTF flick "goodbye world."  I tend to look at movies as entertainment and if the divulge into a topic I am interested in well then its that much better.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey if anyone thinks the survivalist is bad try watching The 5th Wave. Just awful in every way and At least 5 moments that are so bad it makes you lose faith in mankind.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hey if anyone thinks the survivalist is bad try watching The 5th Wave. Just awful in every way and At least 5 moments that are so bad it makes you lose faith in mankind.
FerFAL
View Quote

Saw it with my teen daughter... "Just kill me now," was all I could say through the whole thing...

Rmpl
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top