Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2012 4:58:01 PM EDT
I've picked up a few of these from Sam's club just for spare emergency water.   I don't plan on buying the "office water cooler dispenser" for these.  So what's the best way to tap these and dispense water?  Can you buy a specialized valve and spout somewhere?   Cheap alternatives?   I don't want the wife and kids tipping them over to fill up a cup and spilling half the thing.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you can get the dispenser pretty darn cheap. If I didn't have a dispenser, I'd set them on a counter and siphon the water into smaller containers like gallon jugs or water pitchers.
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Link to dispenser pump at Amazon

There are several styles and brands of screw-on pumps, both manual and electric.  The link above is for one that seems to have garnered high user ratings.  I'm gonna order up one or two for myself since I buy those 5-gallon jugs for emergency water too, if it turns out to be complete crap I'll let the forum know...
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!  I'll check that out.
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]
not to hijack the thread but would the plastic those jugs are made of be viable for long term storage? the ones ive looked at at walmart seem to be pretty thick.
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 6:50:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/310CRJSR64L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Link to dispenser pump at Amazon

There are several styles and brands of screw-on pumps, both manual and electric.  The link above is for one that seems to have garnered high user ratings.  I'm gonna order up one or two for myself since I buy those 5-gallon jugs for emergency water too, if it turns out to be complete crap I'll let the forum know...

I have a couple of these. They work pretty well. One came from Harbor Freight.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Although not portable and a little away from your original idea Red Wing stone/ceramic water coolers are pretty nice.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#7]
My current plan is to use them to fill a 5 gallon watercube with spigot....

Like this

Or this
Top Top