Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 11:25:18 AM EDT
Where is the best place to buy them?  Are there any that are UV resistant that can be filled and stored for a few months outside?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Try here
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Where is the best place to buy them?  Are there any that are UV resistant that can be filled and stored for a few months outside?

Thanks!

If you're not walking on them or throwing them around, the newer poly one's will last for at least a year, if not much longer. We had to use them to line the trails at our Expert Infantryman Badge testing site. We'd have to replace 10-20 every year at each site, but that was out of over hundred some that were placed there. As long as no one jabbed them with sticks or did something to them to cause the material to rip, they survived all the rain, snow, and humidity of NOVA. All they did was fade a little.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

If you're not walking on them or throwing them around, the newer poly one's will last for at least a year, if not much longer. We had to use them to line the trails at our Expert Infantryman Badge testing site. We'd have to replace 10-20 every year at each site, but that was out of over hundred some that were placed there. As long as no one jabbed them with sticks or did something to them to cause the material to rip, they survived all the rain, snow, and humidity of NOVA. All they did was fade a little.

Good to know.  I would like some to build a little wall on one side of my generator for noise blocking for hurricane season, but i don't want to have to fill them right before the storm since there are so many other things to take care of.  i figure get 15-20 of them and fill them at the beginning of the season just to have them ready.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#4]
http://sandbags.stores.yahoo.net/
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Try going to your local feedmill and asking for some of the "50lb" plastic poly bags and some tie string.  Have them fill one w/ corn or something and show you the 2-second knot for feedbags.  They'll be heavy as hell if you fill them all the way full of sand, but they might have a "25 lb" bag.  These should be dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks!

keep a tarp over them to make them last longer
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#8]
15 or 20 will not build much of a wall.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Try going to your local feedmill and asking for some of the "50lb" plastic poly bags and some tie string.  Have them fill one w/ corn or something and show you the 2-second knot for feedbags.  They'll be heavy as hell if you fill them all the way full of sand, but they might have a "25 lb" bag.  These should be dirt cheap.

Just got the 100 lbers for .75 each
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
15 or 20 will not build much of a wall.

Well, he's only going to be building a very small wall around a generator, but I agree. You're going to need more than 20, especially once the sand packs down in the bags after they sit for a while. I would just order 50 or more for spares and to ensure you have enough to go around the generator. You might even use them for other stuff around the house. They also make great rests/supports at the range. Doorstops too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#11]
better off keeping the stack of bags stored and filling them when its needed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I noticed them at Home Depot a few months ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top