Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 2:32:08 PM EDT
Hey,

As you can see from my recent posts, my Prepping Gene has kicked in lately.

Check this out:

Whole kit over at Amazon for $250

Is this a good deal?  I want something I can stick in my basement until the SHTF and set up if need be to charge rechargeable batteries, other electronics, etc.

What do you think?

Kevin ""
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe this is comparable to the kit they sell at Harbor Freight, which you can find for as low as $149 when they post the coupon.  Also, it comes with a string of LED lights.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I believe this is comparable to the kit they sell at Harbor Fright, which you can find for as low as $149 when they post the coupon.  Also, it comes with a string of LED lights.

The harbor freight kit is 45 watts, not 60.  Also, the price varies from $149 to $249 depending on if they are having a sale and if you have the right coupon(I have seen the mailed flier coupon at $149 but the in store flier sale price 179-229).  

As to the quality of different components I have no clue.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I believe this is comparable to the kit they sell at Harbor Fright, which you can find for as low as $149 when they post the coupon.  Also, it comes with a string of LED lights.

the harbor set is only 45 watts......the sunforce is a nice set.....the rack still sucks on both.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe the same kit is at Costco for the same price, look for coupons on it to come out soon is my guess...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Seen this deal?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Seen this deal?

Damn, this is tempting

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#8]
The Morningstar deal is far better than the Amazon one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top