User Panel

Site Notices
Pictures of your preps (Page 3 of 19)
Page / 19
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 12:38:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By Omni:
Rmpl,
Stick those meds in the fridge. We keep ours in the "Dairy" box on the door. It will help to greatly increase the lifespan.

Omni

Good point...

Rmpl
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 1:36:26 AM EDT
[#2]
what site did you get those meds anyway?  I know it has been asked and posted before. But i am asking again.  Guess i should upgrade so i can search.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 3:57:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EPOCH96] [#3]

Originally Posted By TURNSKULL:
what site did you get those meds anyway?  I know it has been asked and posted before. But i am asking again.  Guess i should upgrade so i can search.  

if you're talking about the fish antibiotics, look here, on sale $9.99

If you're looking for other oral meds, here's another website But this is an expensive route.

If you have a good relationship with your PCP and good health insurance, it's just a matter of having your doctor add a refill to whatever script he prescribes to you.  Since I have great insurance, I always take advantage of the extra refills.

Once I get my other preps as organized as my Portable Pharmacy I will post pics, but I'm way behind compair to most...

EPOCH
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 5:22:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bladerunner] [#4]

Originally Posted By Rmplstlskn:

Originally Posted By Bladerunner:
Rmplstlskn

Where did you get the combat lifesaver bag?  I have been looking for one of those.

www.wwyd.org/images/AR15/PREPS/FirstAid%20(5).jpg

I got that a long time ago at a "Preparedness Expo" that used to make the rounds back in the good 'ol days... I have added much to it since then so it is NOT "as issued."

The only place I know of that has these with GOOD stuff still inside is JRH Enterprises.

I did see them somewhere else online but I can't recall it... Sorry!

Rmpl

Thanks for the link. That's a great source for specialty gear.
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

2 people, 3 little dogs  (dog food not shown)

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/HondaEU2000I009Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/survivalstorage011Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/survivalstorage004Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/survivalstorage001Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/supplies002Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/fuelandwater006Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/fuelandwater004Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/fuelandwater003Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/fuelandwater001Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/SSstuff007.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/storage2003Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/IMG_1396Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/Matches002Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/survivalstorage012Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/commode-chair.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/supplies005Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/AR15SpareParts002Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/AR15SpareParts001Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/inverter2battery001Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/inverter2battery003Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Survival%20Gear/incoming013Medium.jpg

<wiping up drool/>
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Rmplstlskn's PREPS:

Then you need the SKILLS (again, located in my head) and the MEDICAL SUPPLIES to keep the humanoids healthy and patched up... also PROTECTED from harmful substances.

www.wwyd.org/images/AR15/PREPS/PREPS_MAY06 010.jpg

Damn, looks like you got the basics covered. Watch the date on the fish-cyclene. Tetracyclene becomes toxic to the kidneys after its experation date.

Other than that , I am jealous, Very very Jealous.
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#7]
fight4yourrights Great set up! Please explain the battery set up you have. What do you use it for? a converter system or what?

I never place batteries on a concrete floor I heard that was bad. I don't know if there is any truth to that but I always place then on a board, just to keep off the concrete...  
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Great stuff on this post. It is amazing how many people at work never thought about stashing things away until they came to my house and saw some of my gear.
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By Bladerunner:
Rmplstlskn

Where did you get the combat lifesaver bag?  I have been looking for one of those.

www.wwyd.org/images/AR15/PREPS/FirstAid%20(5).jpg

I got that a long time ago at a "Preparedness Expo" that used to make the rounds back in the good 'ol days... I have added much to it since then so it is NOT "as issued."

The only place I know of that has these with GOOD stuff still inside is JRH Enterprises.

I did see them somewhere else online but I can't recall it... Sorry!

Rmpl

got mine from brigade quartermasters.  came with more burn gel than listed, but only 1 triple antibio and a wood splint vice a wire splint.  (wound up buying a SAM)
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#11]

[

And the gear needed to PATROL, GUARD and SCOUT...
www.wwyd.org/images/AR15/PREPS/PREPS_MAY06 017.jpg
www.wwyd.org/images/AR15/PREPS/PREPS_MAY06 018.jpg

I have the same setup like your LBE with the harness, buttpack, and ammo pouches.  Got if from SG.
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#12]
bump for more pics!
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 10:33:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rmplstlskn] [#13]

Originally Posted By Kimber_45:
I have the same setup like your LBE with the harness, buttpack, and ammo pouches.  Got if from SG.

It's not ultra-cool and MARPAT camo but it is CHEAP, STRONG and IT WORKS.

The first pic is for AR weapon systems... (350 rounds + 60 in rifle)
The second, which you comment on, is for my FAL. Each GI pouch holds two FAL 20-rd mags... If I use all SIX pouches, that is 240 rounds + 20 in the rifle. I only plan on FOUR pouches (160 + 20) used due to weight, unless the need for more ammo dictates.

Mags for BOTH systems are LOADED, READY and stored in ammo boxes when needed. I used to keep them in the web gear but storing the whole kit was a hassle... My location allows me to believe that I will have plenty of time to unlatch ammo cans and stock web gear before it is needed...

I do have a chest rig for the AR that is always ready to go (in pics with AR)...

Rmpl
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 10:33:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fight4yourrights] [#14]
Night Vision - AN/PVS-14 single battery model

Group 24 battery bank

Group 27 battery bank

battery powered b&w tv

hurricane lamps

M95 gas masks, pouches, hoods, spare filters

Nitrile gloves

N100 1st run masks

Link Posted: 5/12/2006 10:51:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rmplstlskn] [#15]

Originally Posted By Throttle-Junkie:
We thought about doing that, but it seemed like a lot of trouble. Instead, we put together an eight man team that we feel can hold the walmart/sam's-club complex indefinitely.  If SHTF, we sweeping in and taking over the facilities in what we call O*G*P*, or Operation Guggul-Preps.

Easy INITIALLY, but eventually you will have to start shooting people to hold your Wally World as some won't believe you will do it and will try to get in. Do you really want THAT KIND OF BLOOD on your hands? Looters shooting looters?

Plus, the gov't will want to "acquire" some of the stuff in there too since their preps sucked as well, which puts you up against a SWAT team at the MINIMUM... 8 men cannot hold a complex so large with so many doors (you didn't forget the back & side doors, did you?).

You would be within two weeks...

Rmpl
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 10:53:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rmplstlskn] [#16]

Originally Posted By johnthreesixteen:
I've posted this pic before but seemed fitting to post it again.

I'd like to see the genset that control panel is hooked to...

Rmpl
Link Posted: 5/13/2006 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Great job everyone, I've got some old pics floating around somewhere, but this thread has certainly motivated me to go do another inventory and reorganization.

Link Posted: 5/13/2006 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By hitanrun:

Originally Posted By FNFalGuy:
Jatoman,

I don't understand what the 28,000 gallons of pool water has to do with your survival, unless you have a very agressive filtration system to draw out all of the tons of chemicals needed to keep it clean

If you still have power, you can distill it.

If you get a different kind of distiller, all you have to do is heat it from fire to distill it, so you wouldn't even need electricity just a good heat source.  I guess that's "old school" distilling but waterwise makes a modern day version of a distiller that doesn't need electricity.

any stovetop pot still will work on a wood stove or camp stove.  small batches only, but probably the quickest way to distill water period.
Link Posted: 5/13/2006 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By Throttle-Junkie:
We thought about doing that, but it seemed like a lot of trouble. Instead, we put together an eight man team that we feel can hold the walmart/sam's-club complex indefinitely.  If SHTF, we sweeping in and taking over the facilities in what we call O*G*P*, or Operation Guggul-Preps.

img385.imageshack.us/img385/9110/walmart1kj.jpg

Easy INITIALLY, but eventually you will have to start shooting people to hold your Wally World as some won't believe you will do it and will try to get in. Do you really want THAT KIND OF BLOOD on your hands? Looters shooting looters?

Plus, the gov't will want to "acquire" some of the stuff in there too since their preps sucked as well, which puts you up against a SWAT team at the MINIMUM... 8 men cannot hold a complex so large with so many doors (you didn't forget the back & side doors, did you?).

You would be within two weeks...

Rmpl

make that 48 hours
Link Posted: 5/17/2006 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Wow,

I am impressed with the amount of SHTF preps that those who posted pictures have.  I'm sure none of you would want to sit down and add-up the cost of all of it, but you sure will be ready when something does happen.  I think that the only thing left for some of you to do is build a fall-out shelter in the backyard as you certainly have enough supplies to fill it.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2006 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#21]
See my post about saferoom/bunker.  Looking at fight4yourrights pics, I guess I'm going to need to design a bigger room!
Link Posted: 5/18/2006 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#22]
bump for more pics
Link Posted: 5/18/2006 1:57:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jj01] [#23]
Link Posted: 5/18/2006 2:07:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fight4yourrights] [#24]

Originally Posted By jj01:

Fight4yourrights is the John Holmes of preps on ARFCOM.

I'm suffering from preps envy

Okay, that is my new sig line!  
Link Posted: 5/18/2006 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#25]
My new sigline!!  
Link Posted: 5/18/2006 3:00:09 PM EDT
[#26]
tag
Link Posted: 5/18/2006 4:00:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jj01] [#27]

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:
My new sigline!!  

Ha! And you don't change your sig line often.

I've blown threw some serious cha-chings try-in to catch up to ya, and every time one of these "post your preps" threads comes along you always surprise me with some new gadget or prep I hadn't thought of.
Seriously, thanks for taking the time to post the photos (and vids - shit now I gotta get a quiet genset to replace my loud wake the neighbors unit)  As someone just starting out, your posts been very helpful in creating what has become a very long list of things I need to have handy.
Link Posted: 5/18/2006 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Where's scoutmaster to chime in? He has an awesome BOL
Link Posted: 5/18/2006 7:54:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fight4yourrights] [#29]

Originally Posted By jj01:

I've blown threw some serious cha-chings try-in to catch up to ya, and every time one of these "post your preps" threads comes along you always surprise me with some new gadget or prep I hadn't thought of.

Stay tuned for my NEW BOV post tonight!!    
the videos he speaks of - my Honda 2000 genny running:

video 1

video 2

Link Posted: 5/18/2006 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#31]
You guys got it together.

My stuff is too darn spread out.

John
Link Posted: 5/18/2006 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By lippo:

Where did you get the boxes of N100 masks?

I'm not allowed to say.

However, you can find them on the web.
Link Posted: 5/18/2006 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/19/2006 12:14:39 AM EDT
[#34]
tag
Link Posted: 5/27/2006 10:27:55 PM EDT
[#35]
btt
Link Posted: 5/30/2006 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm very invious.
Link Posted: 6/4/2006 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#37]
tag.  I love threads like this.
Link Posted: 6/5/2006 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#38]
ok.  I'll share, but only because I want to encourage those who are new to preparation.  

I only got going to preps after the Katrina deal.  My first storage items were Mountain House cans from the last group buy.  In the last three months, my family has really gotten on board and we've dedicated about $80/week to supplies.  Let me tell you, it will add up in a hurry.  

We were organizing shelves yesterday when I took this.  It's just food items.  Water, fuel, camping, cooking, weapons . . . are all stored in different places around the house.  We estimate this to be over 3 months worth of food.

Now for the guys how have space issues.  Here's all that same stuff on two 48" shelves from Sams.

Now, don't forget water and TP - then you'll have a great start.  

Also, don't let $80/week scare you.  I just wanted to get to this point really fast.  The single most expensive item in these pictures is probably the box of diapers.  

R.
Link Posted: 6/5/2006 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/5/2006 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#40]
freemanesq,
Great looking preps you've got there.  The only concern I have is they look to be in front of a bunch of windows.  I would think the heat coming in through the windows might reduce the shelf life of a lot of your food.  And in addition, if there was ever a hurricane, if those windows were broken, you might lose or have a lot of stuff damaged.

OR, if the shtf for real, people might look in your windows and want to steal your supplies.

Originally Posted By freemanesq:
ok.  I'll share, but only because I want to encourage those who are new to preparation.  

I only got going to preps after the Katrina deal.  My first storage items were Mountain House cans from the last group buy.  In the last three months, my family has really gotten on board and we've dedicated about $80/week to supplies.  Let me tell you, it will add up in a hurry.  

We were organizing shelves yesterday when I took this.  It's just food items.  Water, fuel, camping, cooking, weapons . . . are all stored in different places around the house.  We estimate this to be over 3 months worth of food.

www.employsystems.com/stuff/on_tarp.jpg

Now for the guys how have space issues.  Here's all that same stuff on two 48" shelves from Sams.

www.employsystems.com/stuff/on_shelf.jpg

Also, don't let $80/week scare you.  I just wanted to get to this point really fast.  The single most expensive item in these pictures is probably the box of diapers.  

R.

Link Posted: 6/5/2006 3:10:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: freemanesq] [#41]

Originally Posted By toyotaman:
freemanesq,
Great looking preps you've got there.  The only concern I have is they look to be in front of a bunch of windows.  I would think the heat coming in through the windows might reduce the shelf life of a lot of your food.  And in addition, if there was ever a hurricane, if those windows were broken, you might lose or have a lot of stuff damaged.

OR, if the shtf for real, people might look in your windows and want to steal your supplies.

Toyotaman, your thinking fu is strong.  I've considered all those same items.  And as you know, until we all build our own houses we're going to have to comprise in certain areas.  

The good news is that we don't have hurricane wind this far north - so that's not an issue.  The real deal is that this is the only place we have to store it for now.  If you look at the bottom picture  you'll see that I've got heavy contractor paper over the windows so you can't see it from outside (these windows slide horizontially and I've papered both halves.  Also this space does have AC.  The windows are not visible from any place the people are going to be (lots of high fences on these back yards).  So if anyone sees this, we can shoot them in Texas because they're somewhere they're not supposed to be.  

Nevertheless, we timed our unload of those shelves and the transition to the tarp.  It was just under 10 minutes with my kids helping.  So I think we could also transition these stores to another place in a hurry if needed.  

Thank you for your feedback.  

R.

ETA winking guy so I don't look as mean.
Link Posted: 6/5/2006 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Pop Tarts, the ultimate survival food. All the essential vitamins, minerals, and protein needed to sustain life.

Or maybe that is soybeans I'm thinking of?
Link Posted: 6/6/2006 12:27:31 AM EDT
[#43]

R.

Alot of stuff !!! Not for nothing , But I USED to BUY RAMEN NOODLES , USED TO , untill my daughter told me there was LITTLE  BEETLE LIKE BUGS DEAD IN THE SOUP , checked my sons soup also he had the same bugs !!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By tooly:
Alot of stuff !!! Not for nothing , But I USED to BUY RAMEN NOODLES , USED TO , untill my daughter told me there was LITTLE  BEETLE LIKE BUGS DEAD IN THE SOUP , checked my sons soup also he had the same bugs !!!

Bugs = Protein.

R.
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Whoa!  Nice.
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 4:23:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LHD] [#46]

Originally Posted By tooly:

R.

McDonalds uses thousand island dressing and ketchup for their secret sauce, the chinese use bugs.  Its a cultural thing.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#47]
fremanesq, that glass of ice water looks like a "use it or lose it" asset rather than a prep.

PA
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#48]

R.

freemanesq-
 Do you put a date on any of your backstock?  Like with a Sharpie or permanent marker of any sort?

Sparco
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By Sparco:

R.

freemanesq-
 Do you put a date on any of your backstock?  Like with a Sharpie or permanent marker of any sort?

Sparco

We mark the bottom of the medium term stuff.  The short term stuff is consumed pretty quick (kids love Pop Tarts).  The long term stuff isn't that active and I'm sure in 2025 I'll just replace the Mountain house.  I've considered printing up month/year labels job have ready for when we stock or break down a packet of smaller items (like boxes of canned food).

R.  
Page / 19
Pictures of your preps (Page 3 of 19)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top