Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2017 5:02:10 PM EDT
So, I have an odd... but good problem to have, I assume, in a way.

Over the last year I went through two extremely bad break ups relationship wise.  And in general, 2017 has sucked with family medical issues, business issues, weather issues (house getting hit by hurricane Irma), etc.    However, the one thing I managed to start controlling was my own weight. Since April, I've lost 70+ pounds.  I intend to lose at least another 50 pounds, if not more.  

All my hunting gear, which is a mix of Sitka, Russell outdoors G2 and Under armour, all in good to very good shape, is XXL or in some cases, XXXL.  

... Needless to say, I am no longer a XXL.  I've dropped almost 6 pants sizes so far.  

Is it worth selling? Or is there a way to donate it? I'm planning to refresh my entire hunting gear collection next summer, do this season with belts and strings tightened then wash it and... well, try to see what I can do with it.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I buy as much hunting gear second hand as I can. It's a great way to save tons of Money and help someone else upgrade. Put it in the EE on this site.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Simple answer: Move to Alaska, use the old stuff as over-garments with the new stuff underneath. It is cold as hell up there.

Congrats on the weight loss!
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Now you have some nice tents!
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:02:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Sitka carries a pretty strong used value and there are lots of larger guys out there that would snatch it up. Most of the guys I know are getting away from UA, myself included, but there are still plenty out there that like it and would buy it. The Russel is cheaper camo but they have some stuff in patterns that others don't. If you're going to sell it now's the time, season will be here before you know it! I see a lot of used Sitka go on rokslide.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the heads up on the secondary market.

I'm going to use it this year as baggy as it is. Next year I'm going to decide which brand I want to go with, get sized properly and order it.

I hope to be down another 50lbs by this time next year. And perhaps a little more toned out as well. So I don't want to buy a new set of gear this year when I'll be replacing it again.  And I think I can struggle through this year with it being lose. I went from 320-330 this time last year. And I weighed myself the last time before I left this morning for the season, and I'm down to 255.  I think 190 - 210 is a decent goal at 6'1" with a decent muscular build. (and lifting as part of my work out schedule )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top