Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2022 1:14:41 AM EDT
Stuck case that’s been primed.  First time it’s ever happened to me.  I soaked the primer with WD40 but I’m still nervous about punching it out.  Any ideas? Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 1:30:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah that's a no go in my book.

Take a propane torch and apply flame to it outside until it pops.

It will eject the primer and then you can drill the case for the case puller.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 1:40:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigHunt:
Yeah that's a no go in my book.

Take a propane torch and apply flame to it outside until it pops.

It will eject the primer and then you can drill the case for the case puller.
View Quote

Make sure you aim that away from yourself and towards something that the case can bounce off of just in case it isn't stuck hard enough to keep it from flying out across the room. No reason to have hot brass landing someplace you don't need to have hot brass landing.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 2:12:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Screw it in your press and knock the primer out, with decapper. Wear safety glasses. It won't pop anyway, I have knocked out dozens with never a bang, no wd40 required. Heating it up hot enough to pop the primer is a wasted case. You can use drill rod to remove the case with a hammer.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 2:37:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Gently tap the primer out.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 2:58:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By boltedsafe:
Screw it in your press and knock the primer out, with decapper. Wear safety glasses. It won't pop anyway, I have knocked out dozens with never a bang, no wd40 required. Heating it up hot enough to pop the primer is a wasted case. You can use drill rod to remove the case with a hammer.
View Quote

Case is toast already per the pic, but I agree that I would rather use careful force to get the primer out instead of heat.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 12:18:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#6]
THE BEST WAY TO GET STUCK BRASS OUT OF RELOADING DIE
Top Top