Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2019 12:13:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: x_red_beard_x]
This is a build sheet of my 6x47 Lapua Southern Indiana Precision build. I’m going to use this forum as a discussion thread to post pictures of the build of my rifle.

Final Build:
Caliber: 6x47 Lapua
Gunsmith: Isaac Frank (Southern Indiana Precision)
Action: Defiance Deviant – Left handed, Flat bolt face, Black Nitrided by H&M Metal Processing
Barrel: 6mm Hawk Hill 1:7 Twist M24 Contour
Stock: Manners T4A w/ Heavy Fill and NV mount
Bottom Metal: PTG
Trigger: Jewell HVRTLS
Scope Mount: Sphur
Scope: Kahles K624i SKMR3 Reticle
Suppressor: Silencerco Omega

I ordered the action in the white with the intentions to Cerakote the action black. I had played around with several actions prior to ordering this one. It was a tossup between the Curtis and the Defiance, in the long run, I’m very happy with the Defiance. I’ve watched several guys with Curtis actions go down in the middle of a match. The Defiance has surpassed my expectations in every way. I do wish they would offer an action with more diametral clearance between the bolt and the receiver. Typically, I would rather have a loose action that can be ran faster than a tight one. Regardless, the action is buttery smooth. The kind of smooth that makes you smile every time you run the action. The kind of smooth that you get when you run your fingers across a sports car or perfect restoration. It’s amazing to me that the surface finishes of two mating parts can be this perfect.

This was all the case until I decided to Cerakote it… I used the Microslick C-110Q Cerakote. This was the first time I had tried it, and of course stupid me decided to use my brand new action as a guinea pig. The finish was very smooth, but the additional thickness of the Cerakote caused the bolt to need to be ‘lapped in’. The action was much tighter than I wanted, but it became smooth after hundreds of cycles of fondling. I was starting to see nearly very small particles of the Cerakote rub off and contaminate the action. This was the last straw. I sent the action to H&M metal processing and had them nitride the action. Their service was outstanding and the finished product was perfect in every way. The finished action was beautiful.

Cerakote:

Nitride:

I handed over the rest of the parts to Isaac Frank of Southern Indiana Precision. He’s built a lot of top notch rifles and I’d high recommend him for any of your work. He chambered the barrel and bedded my stock in just a couple days.

This is how it turned out after he was finished with it:

Link Posted: 4/1/2019 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I had my K624i from my last rifle build and swapped it over

This is a great scope. I had a Vortex Razor Gen2 before this and I was really happy with it, but I found this Kahles for a good deal and tried it out. The 0.2mil horizontal retentions made the scope for me. That was the only reason I didn't LOVE the Razor. I may try another optic on this rifle, but I tend to like it enough. I prefer my parallax on the traditional left side since I shoot left handed rifles.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Here are a few pictures from a few PRS matches I've shot in. If you're anything like me, you guys will skip the words and just look at the pictures lol

This one is from my last rifle. It was also 6x47L built by Isaac.

I managed to finish 3rd in this rainy match. Good thing my rifle didn't melt!
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Those Hawk Hills are driving bastards. I was squaded with one of the guys that makes the barrels there. He won the match that day.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 1:29:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice rifle!!

I love the 6x47L.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sigman68:
Nice rifle!!

I love the 6x47L.
View Quote
Thanks man! Yes, it was once a king with PRS, but I load mine to dasher velocities, get more barrel life, and don't suffer to much. It's still a tack driver!
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By x_red_beard_x:
Thanks man! Yes, it was once a king with PRS, but I load mine to dasher velocities, get more barrel life, and don't suffer to much. It's still a tack driver!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By x_red_beard_x:
Originally Posted By sigman68:
Nice rifle!!

I love the 6x47L.
I've been shooting mine for five years, before it was popular in PRS.

I really like the versatility... paper, long range steel, varmints or deer, and very little recoil.  I load mine pretty light as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top