Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2010 8:11:59 PM EDT
Hey so me and a buddy are wanting to go backpacking for a good week or so before i ship, does anyone know anywhere cool to backpack around CO? For what its worth, i live just outside of denver.

The big thing is we want to shoot...meaning we would be carrying an Ak, AR and two shottys... We are trying not to appear too tactikewl or weird lookin, so obviously somewhere that is a bit mroe secluded would be better.

anyway, anyone know some cool places to go?

Thanks,

Brian
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 2:49:41 AM EDT
[#1]
We used to mess around in the St. Vrain  Creek area near Lyons CO.  We would hike in about 3 miles to the Wilderness area( just south of Rocky Mnt. Nat. Park) and shoot marmots. Once you get to the Wilderness area you can camp and gather wood anywhere. This was almost 30 yrs ago. so make sure to check the rules, wilderness lines etc.  Not a bad area for close to Denver.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Consider Lost Creek Wilderness
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 12:11:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Around the Lost Lakes area (south of Crested Butte).

Very nice area for hiking and camping, but some of the altitudes will cause problems.  Some start around 8K feet.  But a beautiful area
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Grand58742,

That place has some history huh?
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Grand58742,

That place has some history huh?

"Oh yeah, watch this shit!"

And thanks to you, my hearing is (as of my last PHA) now down 10%.  And I still get hate mail from the Sierra Club.

Way to go hand cannon    But damn, those were some good weekends except when we forget chainsaws.

Oh yeah, heard a good story about you the other day.  Something about leaving a pistol in a bathroom because you forgot it there after you were cleaning it?  Who cleans a pistol while taking a dump?

Eddie R sends his regards BTW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top