Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 6:13:14 AM EDT
Part of the issue with the hype over the current flu outbreak,  and treatment of other recent "emergencies" stems from the reaction to Katrina.

For example:  Obama is so hell-bent on NOT being Bush, they are going to go overboard on any potential crisis,  grossly overstate it's magnitude,  in order to avoid a Katrina-like quagmire.
They see that any event that can be pinned to them not reacting (whether right or wrong) is politcal suicide.   So what do they do?  Over-react.

The MSM carries some of the blame, as they caused this Katrina-phobia.  What did they expect from a natural disaster where the State and Local governments were too dumb to even use school busses to get people out of harm's way?  
Yes media,  people suffer during disasters,  that's why they are disasters!!

Expect everything for the next 3.75 years to be grossly-overhyped, talked about ad naseum, and covered by the media like they cover everything else,  with their slanted agenda.  What THEY think is important will be the news,  not necessarily what is really important.

In 6 months it will be something else.   We will go from one panic to another.

It's a FLU!  Run,  Run!!    Biden and Pelosi are both panic-mongering-nimrods.
I'll tell you what Joe Biden meant to say,  "I'm a big stupid dork don't listen to me,  ever!"

How about this:
We all eat healthy, take our vitamins, wash our hands frequently, avoid people who are sick, sneezing and coughing?
And, really, don't most of us do this as a normal practice anyway?
If not,  this is a great time to start.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:52:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Truth.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:01:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Nicely put.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#4]
IF the current flu virus, makes the rounds as a similar virus did in 1918, we are in for a world of hurt,

dont think this is the end of it,,and

all the Progressives need now is a nice Marshal Law Declaration to suspend the constitution and take total control

ala Moussilini and other Known European Despots
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:50:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Part of the issue with the hype over the current flu outbreak,  and treatment of other recent "emergencies" stems from the reaction to Katrina.

For example:  Obama is so hell-bent on NOT being Bush, they are going to go overboard on any potential crisis,  grossly overstate it's magnitude,  in order to avoid a Katrina-like quagmire.
They see that any event that can be pinned to them not reacting (whether right or wrong) is politcal suicide.   So what do they do?  Over-react.

The MSM carries some of the blame, as they caused this Katrina-phobia.  What did they expect from a natural disaster where the State and Local governments were too dumb to even use school busses to get people out of harm's way?  
Yes media,  people suffer during disasters,  that's why they are disasters!!

Expect everything for the next 3.75 years to be grossly-overhyped, talked about ad naseum, and covered by the media like they cover everything else,  with their slanted agenda.  What THEY think is important will be the news,  not necessarily what is really important.

In 6 months it will be something else.   We will go from one panic to another.

It's a FLU!  Run,  Run!!    Biden and Pelosi are both panic-mongering-nimrods.
I'll tell you what Joe Biden meant to say,  "I'm a big stupid dork don't listen to me,  ever!"

How about this:
We all eat healthy, take our vitamins, wash our hands frequently, avoid people who are sick, sneezing and coughing?
And, really, don't most of us do this as a normal practice anyway?
If not,  this is a great time to start.

Tell that to the ice storm victims - not that they couldn't look after themselves, for the most part.

The administration will do what it is going to do, for its own reasons, but don't let that color your own realistic assessment of a situation.
Top Top