and I owned Page 9.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sketti:
Nice rack!
View Quote

Thanks!

I liked it so much I built a second. It’s fantastic at small footprint storage. We’re filling it up and using the tops for other stuff too
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:

You should update your location so jI can stand to read your post

Congratulations.
View Quote

Lol, will do. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MrVest:

Congrats on moving to a freer state!  Don't forget to vote to keep it that way.  No mortgage must be nice,  congrats on that too.
View Quote

Thanks. It strange not having a mortgage. But I'm liking it so far.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/9CC0B053-7326-46E9-BFC6-C63BE84F8BB2_jpe-1909556.JPG

$15 yard sale score. Cleaned up good! Actual American steel and USA made. In the process of organizing the garage to be better equipped for home repairs and DIY shit
View Quote

What a deal!  Looks great
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:01:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Sold a bunch of stuff to clear out space in the garage. Planted strawberries and started some vegetable seeds.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:50:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PA-Minuteman] [#7]
Went to one of my local stores and found Wax, Freezer, Parchment Paper on sale for .50 a box! Got 16 boxes each
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Friday set up the points for a land nav course and got a five mile walk in while doing so.
Saturday spent two hours working on MMA and in fight weapon access. Then, went through the land nav course with four friends, one of whom was net control and tracked the entire event.  A good test of map and compass skill and comms capability.
Sunday added a mag extension to my wife’s 870 in preparation for an upcoming shotgun class.
Good weekend so far.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Spent the better part of a week with about a hundred other folks camping. It was like being around hurricane survivors.
Now have serious concerns about who I would bug-out with or want around me if SHTF.

Most folks are going to die.

If you think you are good to go just wait til your relatives show up.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:33:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Macumazahn] [#10]
Originally Posted By BTccw:
Spent the better part of a week with about a hundred other folks camping. It was like being around hurricane survivors.
Now have serious concerns about who I would bug-out with or want around me if SHTF.

View Quote

You would think that you would want people that know you or can trust around you in a such a time.  I guess that does heavily depend on the relatives.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Macumazahn:

You would think that you would want people that know you or can trust around you in a such a time.  I guess that does heavily depend on the relatives.
View Quote

A full 100% of my family is useless.
wife's side is a bit better, but still 50/50. If I was around my whole family when SHTF I think I would need that bullet I keep in the grip...
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BTccw:

Whoever you think you are going to rely on for survival-you need to spend time with them so they know to bring the catchup that you don’t have and the grate on your propane stove is NOT a grill for hot dogs.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Been hitting BJJ/ MMA class 1-3 times a week, along with a 3x5 M/ W/ F and work capacity T/ Th. That means getting up at 0400-0430 most days.

My goal this year was 208 workouts (4x week) and I’m on track to hit that. Next year I think I’ll make some performance goals along with a number of workouts to hit.

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I started eating healthier and hiking to get in better shape.  Complacency and normal everyday life got me fat and not feeling well.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Was off on a stay-cation and got some work around the house done.

Went through the ammo and threw in fresh absorbers

Cleaned out the shed for the first time and drawing up plans on how to store as much as I can in it.

Rotated my 4 gas cans with fresh gas

Canned for the first time, Did ground beef & potatoes. Everything sealed and is in storage

Sealed the roof on one of my added rooms (block wall/concrete slab roof). Either this year or next I plan on getting a metal roof put on

Not a bad vacation
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 4:58:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Finally went to see the pulmonologist to get answers. Only ended up with more questions.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 7:01:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Bought ammo, cleaned some guns, verified zero, put away.

Finally pretty content with my actual gun collection and not really shopping for anything along those lines anymore.

Gonna spend that money this year on hopefully solar and stuff
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Spare parts for all weapons. Inventory all food items. Same goes with firewood and other items for heating. Check car items for the up coming winter and such. Clothing  update for all seasons. The big one is the Medical bag. Inventory and update it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Picked up some mini propane tanks for my camping stove. Grabbed some ammo and a new multi tool.

Thinking about the antibiotics again. My outdoor fridge where I was storing them went out for about a day. The antibiotics are still sealed. does the herd still think they’re good to go even though they were refrigerated, then room temp, then refrigerated again?
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:25:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Silkyjla30:
Picked up some mini propane tanks for my camping stove. Grabbed some ammo and a new multi tool.

Thinking about the antibiotics again. My outdoor fridge where I was storing them went out for about a day. The antibiotics are still sealed. does the herd still think they’re good to go even though they were refrigerated, then room temp, then refrigerated again?
View Quote

Yes. If you cycle them 50 times (like leaving in the uninsulated garage on a shelf) you might have a problem.

*Disclaimer, I'm an ChemE, not a pharmacist. You got what you paid for with this advice.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Bought a Trek Verve 2 and a trailer hitch mount for my Wrangler. Gonna try to get rid of this middle age gut lol!
Also picked up some more CZ P07 and P09 mags at the gunshow this weekend. OH, and a cherry Cold Steel SRK Carbon V.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#22]
While it's not something I did today, Becoming A Certified Firearms Instructor has been a big deal in my prepping.  There's a whole lot of upside to it.  To become a certified instructor you get training, pushing you to meet established standards.  Your friends, family, and other students get the benefit of your instructor training.  With classes like Personal Protection outside the Home you learn how to teach others to use holsters safely.   You develop essential skills for your community, meet like minded people, and become a multiplier.  

I've trained a whole lot of students to civilian, police, and military standards that they had not imagined they were capable of meeting.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Today, an hour of MMA and an hour of BJJ.

Got a P365XL for a new EDC.

Going to the go cart track with the kids.

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#24]
just vac sealed and mylar-ed 20 more pounds of rice. Should be good for 27,000 calories or so. Looks like 10 days for just me, or 4 for the whole family.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 7:58:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Received 3 #10 cans of banana chips.

Picked up 6 bottles of dish soap and some fire starters (free after rebate at menards) as well as some seed packets for next year.

Yesterday canned 2 pts of corned beef and 5 pts of turkey breast.

ETA also grabbed another dozen each of pint and quart jars
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Had 3 20#propane tanks filled.

Picked up 24 single use super glue and another doz pint canning jars.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By TribunusSanGeorgii:
Had 3 20#propane tanks filled.

Picked up 24 single use super glue and another doz pint canning jars.
View Quote

Those single use tubes are definitely the way to go.

I had a little over an hour of takedowns yesterday and again today. I’m firmly convinced we need to be ready to fight with hands, guns, knives, broken bottles, pool noodles and whatever else we can find.

Picked up a single box of 9mm. My LGS now has a steady supply and no limits on 9. (Two box limit on everything else). I could buy more, but I’m trying to dollar cost average my ammo. To be clear, I have a good supply. I always tried to spend $20 per paycheck in ammo in the past.  I leads to a good stash. Of course, that’s almost one box instead of three.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I got this. Not sure why. No idea if it’s worth building into a buyout rifle or just sitting in the box for a year till I sell itAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 4:36:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Vaquero:
Today, an hour of MMA and an hour of BJJ.

Got a P365XL for a new EDC.

Going to the go cart track with the kids.

View Quote

Hell yeah!

I’m ready for lockdown to end here so we can get back to training.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Put some zucchini in the dehydrator.  Doing a trial run on my new (to me) nesco dehydrator.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Reading The Farmhouse Guide to Fermenting.  Canning sauerkraut and tomato sauce. Drinking beers 🍻.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Picked up a bunch of first aid kits from work. I don't know if its the same for other construction companies but mine has a rule that when a gang box comes back to the warehouse after a job if the outer cellophane wrapper on the first aid kit is broken they cant send it back out so my company was throwing them away until I found out. I have since picked up about 40-50 of the 10 man first aid kits with each missing like one bandaid.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Got the zucchini out of the dehydrator and started a tray of cherry tomatoes (homegrown) and 2 trays of peaches ( store; 88 cents/lb).
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Finally Ordered a Large Harvest Right freeze Dryer

Link Posted: 8/20/2021 4:38:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Rotated all my generator fuel, topped off basement "store", vehicles are all serviced and ready to go.

Grills cleaned, propane topped off.

Went to range with wife and (grown) kids.

Weapons cleaned, properly stored, mags loaded back up, and CCW's ready to go as well.

Son and daughter go back to college this weekend, so the week (took off from work) was spent getting some good "dad" time in with them. Miss them when they aren't home (even though they are grown now).
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Between yesterday and today got 32 cans of chef boyardee for $0.68 each.

Got a few more spices for storage.

Keeping the dehydrator running, right now have cherry tomatoes from the garden.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Been using my new saw mill cutting beams for barn and possibly root cellar.  It’s to hot to do the structural work.

Clearing 2-3 acres for bigger garden
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Upgraded my truck guns Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Both great choices.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Is that $5 or $200 stamp on the shotgun?

I want one
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By TribunusSanGeorgii:

Is that $5 or $200 stamp on the shotgun?

I want one
View Quote

What’s a stamp?
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Major score at Kroger today:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:
Major score at Kroger today:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310106/20210828_173638_jpg-2069950.JPG
View Quote

Nice!  

I picked up some more canned goods today at aldi to fill out a few partial flats in the basement storage.

Link Posted: 8/28/2021 11:23:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Not today
..but about a week ago, we gor our first generator.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Picked up a new Wen 4000W inverter generator, 600rds of IG man .308 from rainer and a DD Delta 5 308 of of the EE.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Not today, but last week I topped off and rotated my stored gas. I keep a few five gallon cans full that I regularly rotate into 2.5 gallon cans and then the mower, weed eater, chain saw, wood chipper, etc.

Also scheduled some work on my Suburban which is a back up vehicle. I was driving it and found that all the brake fluid wanted to run out of a hole in the line. It will be a good time to get a couple of other minor things fixed.  

Keep checking for the 2022 ECQC class that will be near me but it’s not posted yet.

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Canned 6 pints of salsa made with homegrown tomatoes and peppers.

Scored a k of SR primers for $65otd at a local store.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Vaquero... you know your wife's strength, but several of the ladies I've worked with (they were in better than average physical condition) had a hard time if required to  both (1) hold a loaded extended tube shotgun in a firing position for anything longer than a brief period of time , and (2) actually operating the fore end of a pump shotgun.... it was much easier for them to manage with the extended mag tube removed... regards
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 12:23:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Got another 16 packs of wide mouth lids at Walmart for $3.18 a pack!!

I also plan on canning some chicken later this week

Link Posted: 8/30/2021 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
I got this. Not sure why. No idea if it’s worth building into a buyout rifle or just sitting in the box for a year till I sell ithttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/FC2CA71B-9119-4472-B991-AC06EF8B25FC_jpe-2043561.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/F950D50D-714C-445B-A38C-6554EC942FD7_jpe-2043562.JPG
View Quote

Where did you find it and price if I may ask?
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top