Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2011 1:04:09 PM EDT
Took out this little fella a couple nights ago.

Not a big hog…by any means, but ONE LESS IN TEXAS!
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 1:34:31 AM EDT
[#1]
good kill!
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]
A dead hog is a good hog
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 1:38:29 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're collecting little ones I've got another one you can have. We found it out past curfew last night.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you're collecting little ones I've got another one you can have. We found it out past curfew last night.

That's what curfews are for!  
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#5]
That ugly bastard needed to die, I thought it was a badger at first glance. Skin, gut, and put on the smoker!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#6]
As much as I like to see a pic, the lack of details of the hunt, the stalk, the caliber, the time of day, the screw-ups, the food they were eating, whats size was the group...?

Details.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:42:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As much as I like to see a pic, the lack of details of the hunt, the stalk, the caliber, the time of day, the screw-ups, the food they were eating, whats size was the group...?

Details.

TRG

See post 815

Hog Story

Or start at page one...if you want the epic battle.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Details.

TRG

See post 815

Hog Story

Or start at page one...if you want the epic battle.

Glad to know I am not the only one to stumble on hogs, completely unprepared, at the bare-end of a hunt.

Loong time ago, circa 2003?  I had hunted a 1000 acre property all afternoon.  I was beat.  Carrying backpack, water, snacks, ammo, pistol, spare mag, AR15, spare mags, etc.

I have put on some great stalks, walked up/down/around wallows, followed sign, broke trail, and swatted bugs.

I was beat.  Dead tired.

I staggered out of the woodline where I had parked my truck.

Hogs were feeding next to it.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:46:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Details.

TRG

Here's one for you with all of the details minus a pic. One name was changed in the story to protect the innocent:

Larry wanted to try and get a hog last week with his bow out of one of my stands, so I went along to film and David was there hunting his blind with a rifle on the other side of the property. We stopped on the way out there that morning to get some drinks and Larry got a couple of the gas station burritos.

David was in his blind using a 6.8 AR15 with a Pulsar N550 and shooting Barnes 110gr TSX. Larry was in my stand using a Matthews Z7 shooting Easton Axis 500 carbon arrows and Rage 2 broadheads. I was in the cameraman stand using a JVC GZ-HM1S camera. We got there before sun up and stayed until a little after 8:30, which was the latest time in the morning we'd see hogs on the cameras at either feeder recently.

When we were climbing down Larry asked if I had any toilet paper, I told him no. The whole way back to the truck he's complaining that he's got to find something or it'll be leaves and grass. We get back and Larry finds some napkins and heads off to some bushes about 50 yards in front of the truck. David and I are sitting in the truck talking and I'm looking at the new gun Larry got which is a Taurus Judge which he has loaded alternately with .410 and .45.

Suddenly David yelled out, "What the hell is that!?!!" I look up and see a hog running out of the bushes that Larry had disappeared into just a minute before. By the time we get out of the truck the hog has already hit the treeline and I'm sure was in the creek. As we're standing by the truck talking about what had just happened, Larry comes out of the bushes and yells out, "Did yall just see or hear anything?".

He said that he was in there with his pants around his ankles and heard all hell breaking loose behind him. It was then that he realized he had left his gun in the truck, the one that I was playing with at the time, and he pulled out his knife cause that's all he had.

We got a good laugh out of the whole thing.

I'll see if I can get Larry to stage a recreation so I can post a pic cause I'm sure you'd like to see it.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Details.

TRG

Here's one for you with all of the details minus a pic. One name was changed in the story to protect the innocent:

I'll see if I can get Larry to stage a recreation so I can post a pic cause I'm sure you'd like to see it.

Even without MS Paint, I got the scene.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Last year I stopped by a old busted up tree stand to take a dump. So there I was finishing up my business when all of a sudden I heard a noise up in the tree stand. A fox jumped down out of it just a few feet away. My pants were around my ankles, my rilfe a few feet away and my pistol was resting in the fork of the tree I was leaning against. Needless to say the fox got away, though he did make my bowels empty a little easier....

fast forward to yesterday..

itsARanchrifle calls me up to say he went to check the feeders in that area of the ranch. As he was driving along a fox runs out in the middle of the road, looks at him, bows up and shits then runs off.  I guess the fox wanted revenge for having to watch me last year, he just picked the wrong human.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top