Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2014 11:54:01 AM EDT
There is a local store here that deals in used computers and parts. The owner is always there and always makes you great deals.

I have been wanting to build a switch that switches between my TNC and computer interface for my TS-2000. And now that I have my DVRPTR out on my desk I wanted to be able to switch my TM-707 between the TNC and Dstar. After doing some shopping the parts where starting to add up, but I was still wanted to do it.

Today I found an old parallel port switch from way back in the day. I liked that it had a metal chassis and look of my other gear. A little more looking I found an old KVM switch for monitors that is mechanical and doesn't need any external power like most modern KVM switches.

Now all I have to do is make some adapters with the stuff I already have in my junk box and I will be set. Best part is both switches only cost $10. A decent metal housing would have cost me that.

Also she found and saved me a Pentium 2 mother board with CPU. I have been wanting to add this to my collection because it was one of the first computers I remember using and I think the cartridge type CPU is cool and reminiscent of the NES. She sold it to me for $25 which is probably $24 more than it is worth but it is "art"

I also picked up a second AS501 sound bar for my other monitor. If you find one I really like the Dell 2009wt monitor. It isn't a 4k display by any means but for ~$50 it is a good screen IMO. Plus the AS501 looks good and sounds good too.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. It is the little things that make me happy haha I just hope the switches work..

I was listening to some old timers talk on 40m a little while ago and played around with my MoBo wall picture.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Remember remember, the fifth of November...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up  Hustler 75m and 40m resonators at a local church yearly yard sale.

Plus some various "stinger" whips.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:29:53 AM EDT
[#5]
You know you're a geek when you hang motherboards on the wall instead of antlers!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:02:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You know you're a geek when you hang motherboards on the wall instead of antlers!
View Quote

That is a different part of the house

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top