Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2007 6:06:35 PM EDT
I am always looking for something to listen to on long trips and was just wondering if anyone subscribed to a survival/preparedness podcast? I amy as well try to learn something while driving for 3 hours!
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#1]
http://patriotarchives.blogspot.com/
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#2]
patriotarchives.blogspot.com/

Made it a hot link for ya

Edited to add.. After to listening to some of these podcasts, it has nothing to do with survival (directly anyways), it seems to be nothing more than political ranting.

c0

98% of the population is asleep. The other 2% are staring around in complete amazement, abject terror, or both.
falloutshelter653.org
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Down Range Radio
Host Michael Bane is the host of the TV show Shooting Gallery and Cowboys.  It's not survivalism in general, but interesting shooting stuff and politics.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to download without itunes thingy.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#4]
www.tenminutelessons.com/lessons.html?e=38

"Practical Preparedness" from TenMinuteLessons.com

Great way to introduce friends and family to preparedness.  Each 'lesson' is ten minutes; you can burn 7-8 to a CD and hand out.  Hasn't been updated in a while though...

The iTunes store has a couple of more that could fall into the 'survival/preparedness' category.  Not technichally a podcast, but search for "Simple Survival Moves" which, IIRC, is a video series demonstrating various attacks and how to escape/avoid them.

"Assault Rifle Basics" is another vodcast (video podcast) that demonstrates various rifle systems and how to operate/function check.

There is also a podcast by a husband and wife that I would label as "urban survival" but the name escapes me - I'm at work but I'll check when I get home.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#5]
podcasts:

www.selfdefenseshow.com/

vodcasts:

www.simplesurvivalmoves.com/

"I have dedicated this website to all of you who want to learn to defend yourself, but don't particularly want to take a martial art for years to learn how to do it. "

assaultriflebasics.com/

"If you are a gun afficionado, a major gamer, new to guns, or even just curious about assault rifles, then this video podcast is for you! We go over each weapon from buttstock to the end of the barrel. We explain how they work, what all the levers and buttons do. We talk about each weapon's statistics and explain what the statistics mean."

If you're running Windows, download MediaCoder to convert the video files to mp3 (or whatever your preferred audio file is) if you don't have a video player/ipod but still want to listen to the vodcasts.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I downloaded all of the ten minute lessons, gona give them as cd,s to some folks I care about, kinda basic but well done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top