Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2018 9:53:04 PM EDT
I am looking at the XL version. 24oz so not ultra light but not bad. 4" thick and 4.7 R value. 25x76". $80

Anyone have one?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M5GJ43L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_mPNwBb101A804

Instead of rolling it up I could lay it flat in my suitcase so I'd have a real pad instead of a roll of reflectix.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Fixed the link
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a look at klymit..
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take a look at klymit..
View Quote
Already did. No thanks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Already did. No thanks.
View Quote
As someone else who was going to suggest the klymit can I ask what you dont like about it?

I have looked at the paria pads as well but am leaning towards the klymit for my next pad.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As someone else who was going to suggest the klymit can I ask what you dont like about it?

I have looked at the paria pads as well but am leaning towards the klymit for my next pad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already did. No thanks.

This is a 4" thick pad for one. The klymit looked much thinner. The klymit is not good for side sleepers like me with their funky pocket design. Every video I've watched on them left me unimpressed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve looked at and considered a few pieces of Paria gear, but passed because I couldn’t find enough (or any) reviews on the 1 or 2 sites I trust. By the specs the stuff seems decent, though.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is a 4" thick pad for one. The klymit looked much thinner. The klymit is not good for side sleepers like me with their funky pocket design. Every video I've watched on them left me unimpressed.
View Quote
I wouldnt ever suggest the klymit inertia pad,
I was thinking more along the lines of this...

https://www.klymit.com/insulated-static-v-luxe-sleeping-pad.html

3" thick
76"x30"
35oz
R-value 4.4

Made by a more well known company
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

3" thick
76"x30"
35oz
R-value 4.4

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3" thick
76"x30"
35oz
R-value 4.4

I don't care for the rippled pattern. Too many spots where my body could poke through and touch the ground.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't care for the rippled pattern. Too many spots where my body could poke through and touch the ground.
View Quote
Uhhh, having checked it out in person I dont really see that as an issue unless you aren't inflating the pad enough.

You could go ahead and be the paria guinea pig.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Uhhh, having checked it out in person I dont really see that as an issue unless you aren't inflating the pad enough.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you notice the price difference?
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep and i took into account the established brand vs a reletively unknown company as far as pads go.  I have a regular size xlite that has been worth every penny.  I don't mind paying extra for something that is going to help my sleep.

I also have own a coleman self inflating, two different fox river self inflating pads, an alpine design self inflating and a z lite sol.

The klymit static v's, big agnes pads and sea to summit pads all have good reviews, the paria outside of amazon reviews are non existant.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#12]
My Exped DownMat 9 winter mat. I got it for less than half price ($98ish) on geartrade.com, as a repaired return.

NEMO Tensor ultralight summer pad. 3” thick and 17oz for the wide version.

Then there’s my old standard Therm-A-Rest Trail Pro (or is it a Trail Scout? I can never remember) that I’ve had for years and that’s just about perfect for around 20F or higher. It’s pretty heavy for its performance, but the R-value lets me use a lighter sleeping bag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top