Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2011 11:07:24 PM EDT
Has anyone seen the new SHTF movie coming out on 3-11-11? Looks to be a mix of Transformers and War of the Worlds!

Battle: Los Angeles

Link Posted: 2/17/2011 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like it may have potential.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I turned it on for about three minutes during an action scene... and ended up turning it, was pretty cartoonish
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:16:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Saw the movie in theaters and thought it was good, similar to Independence Day but has a lot more ground combat and small arms involved.

Overall I would give it a 4 out of 5
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:45:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Saw it with my brother yesterday.  Best flick I have seen since Zombie Land.  Nice action, great effects and lots of ground combat.  If you liked Independence Day, you will like this one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:29:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I turned it on for about three minutes during an action scene... and ended up turning it, was pretty cartoonish

This was the TV special not the movie right?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:14:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Saw it last night.  Pretty good.  Wish they had had a better advisor for the tactics parts.  Being 12 years in combat arms I picked out tons of mistakes.  And for anyone that heard and remembers, "Retreat Hell" isn't a quote from WW1, it's from Korea.  When the Chinese crossed the boarder and attacked U.S. forces, Marines and Soldiers had to fight their way back south to friendly lines.  3/5's CO said "Retreat Hell, we're just attacking in the other direction!"  When the  guys making these movies can't even get something like that right, I get pretty critical about the rest of the movie.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Saw it last night.  Pretty good.  Wish they had had a better advisor for the tactics parts.  Being 12 years in combat arms I picked out tons of mistakes.  And for anyone that heard and remembers, "Retreat Hell" isn't a quote from WW1, it's from Korea.  When the Chinese crossed the boarder and attacked U.S. forces, Marines and Soldiers had to fight their way back south to friendly lines.  3/5's CO said "Retreat Hell, we're just attacking in the other direction!"  When the  guys making these movies can't even get something like that right, I get pretty critical about the rest of the movie.

There is a similar quote from Word War One.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_W._Williams

A famous saying is attributed to Captain Williams, who was serving as a company commander in the 5th Marines. When advised to withdraw by a French officer at the defensive line just north of the village of Lucy-le-Bocage on June 1, 1918, he is said to have replied: "Retreat? Hell, we just got here!"[1] Captain Williams would not survive the ensuing battle, and was posthumously promoted to major and awarded the Distinguished Service Cross.

http://spec.lib.vt.edu/archives/databook/text/chap2/2_11.htm

Maj. Lloyd W. Williams

Williams, a native of Berryville and 1907 alumnus, was killed on June 12, 1918, after being gassed and wounded by enemy shrapnel in a battle near Chateau-Thierry, France. Williams has been attributed with one of the more famous quotes of World War I: "Retreat? Hell, No!" The story, as officially reported, was that a French major moving with his battalion along a dark road after a general withdrawal had been ordered, told Williams, then a captain and commanding officer of the 51st Company, Fifth Marines, to follow.Williams reported the incident to his battalion commander with the following message: "French drawing back through us. French major ordered me to withdraw with him. Told him to 'go to hell'." A Distinguished Service Cross was later sent to his parents. Williams was the first Virginian known to have died in World War 1. Major Williams Hall is named in his memory.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top