Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2011 12:45:53 PM EDT
A little on the plain side I think, but considering my budget I'm ok with them.

Link Posted: 9/21/2011 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I always thought "Satan's Piss" would be a good wine label. Everyone would buy a bottle just for the name.

And when they complained about the quality, you could just shrug your shoulders and say, "Satan's Piss".
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Simple yet elegant. I like them. Although, I would replace the cattails with rockets.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it. Looks very clean. I'd expect a simple but good quality wine out of that bottle....
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the design layout.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 2:46:28 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a terrific start.  A graphic artist could jazz it up a bit, but I think you got a great foundation there.  Good work!
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#6]
They look good sir, should serve the purpose just fine.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Simple I like it

now my BIL made some that said "PANTY DROPPER" we thought it was appropriate since thats what everyone had been calling it anyway.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I like it. Looks very clean. I'd expect a simple but good quality wine out of that bottle....

this.  crisp, clean, versatile wine from that bottle.  I'd buy it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#9]
damn things are harder than I though to get on straight!

Link Posted: 9/21/2011 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#10]
No worries, the wife will be in charge of writing out the labels from here on out as my writing sucks arse. I was waiting for he flight to get in so I played around a bit.

Link Posted: 9/22/2011 6:27:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Write on the labels before you put them on the bottle.
I do like the label though, it's clean.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A little on the plain side I think, but considering my budget I'm ok with them.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c46/Unclebillybonz/winelabel.jpg

I think that's a beautiful label!  

And I'd love to try some of your wine.

You should come into the wine thread in HOTD and talk about making it, if you're not skeered of us girls.  

It's okay if you don't want to though.

ETA:  Thinking out loud, you could put those labels on all the bottles, using a little jig made of wood to set the bottle in to get the label straight (if it matters to you).

Then later if you wanted, you could add a second smaller label on top of that one with just the name and vintage of the wine in the bottle.

I love that cattail logo.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:45:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, the label will need to be tweaked a little bit. It's a bit large and the paper quality is not so good. If/when we start to market our wines we have to add in the surgeon general warning and some other info.

For starters though I'm ok with them and at $0.18 a piece the price was right.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks, the label will need to be tweaked a little bit. It's a bit large and the paper quality is not so good. If/when we start to market our wines we have to add in the surgeon general warning and some other info.

For starters though I'm ok with them and at $0.18 a piece the price was right.

I've had some really shitty wine with a really fancy label.

And I've had some freaking awesome wine with a much uglier label than yours.

the whole cattail thing...you had me at hello with that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top