Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2007 3:15:59 AM EDT
When I told him I wasnt carrying his heartworm pills and rawhides he got pissed.

Does anyone have an experience with some backpacks for our best freinds?
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 4:32:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:59:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been researching the same thing recently, here is a website with some reviews. If you find more let me know, I haven't decided yet.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is the one I'm getting for my dog.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here is the one I'm getting for my dog.

I was looking at one of the models from Wolfpacks but for that price I might check that one out. No matter the brand every review I have read says that if the sides aren't balanced (about the same weight on each side) the packs tend to shift to the heavier side. The pack you linked to looks like that might be an issue if you aren't careful in packing it and re packing it throughout the trip.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#5]
that one looks good, will you be our guinea pig?
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
that one looks good, will you be our guinea pig?

sure order it and drop ship it to me.

But if I order I'll review for you all. I have to wait till After Chrstmass shopping and find out if my will still have a job in the new year.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 1:35:24 AM EDT
[#7]
The only way to give a fair review would be for one of you to put the dog pack on your own back and get on all fours and go for a walk. then you can see if it carries the weight well. So who are my volunteers? I am just kidding. I plan on getting doggy packs as well.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#8]
My dog loves his Ruff Wear Approach II.  The reviews from that site posted are very similar to what I would write about it.  

I do not like the harness style on most other dog packs.  The RuffWear packs are different than almost all other harnesses.  Go to REI and check them out in person, compared to Kelty, and all the others that you can find there and at Petsmart, etc.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:00:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I have this one.

www.ruffwear.com/Palisades-Pack-trade-II?sc=2&category=13

Vey well made.  Easy to use.  I like it a lot.  My dog, on the other hand, hates it.  She gets all pouty when it's on and doesnt like to move much...even with no load in it.  I need to try to get her used to it more.

What a baby.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top