Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2018 2:33:09 PM EDT
I know about the MRE heaters and they are hit or miss but I'm looking for some way to heat a premade meal IE breakfast burrito or Biscuits, bacon and egg sandwich to a camping trip.

I could bring the stove since it is car camping but feel that it's way to much just to heat up one meal. Also my area is in a extreme fire danger and I'd hate to think for my warm breakfast something happened. I know we could eat it cold but it's fun to me to teach my child and let other kids see that you don't need a car full of stuff to have a good time and be comfortable out doors!

My son's Cub Scout group has the Daddy's that have more money then they do outdoor skills yes they might be Ranchers but they are use to having a gas grill to cook there steak and all the fixings.

I have been trying to teach my son that with less there is more ways to use your head! Boy has done me proud so far! So any advice?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the only one I know of, got it in my BattlBox last month but haven't used it yet.

https://www.barocook.us/collections/bundles/products/stove-mug-set
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Wrap in foil and cook on the intake manifold?
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 2:09:46 AM EDT
[#3]
electric kettle maybe? you can find 12v car models that plug into cig lighter outlet. hell people cook food in warm water, you can reheat in boiling. like a ghetto sous vide.

use it to make coffee in the morning and coco in the evening.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 6:26:23 AM EDT
[#4]
You have the MRE heaters but as you stated they are hit or miss.  Seems lately they don't work for me down range.  On that same note use one or two handwarmer packs that operate on the same principle.  They seem to work better.

Don't forget the small ESBIT fuel tabs/stove, USGI Heat Tabs (Trioxane) or Sterno fuel cans.

CD
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#5]
They're not easy to find (the place I bought them last isn't stocking them at the moment), but the "OneSource" FRH's put the USGI FRHs to shame. I think the Japanese use them in their MREs. They work well enough that you can heat up an entire can of soup, or hard boil an egg.

Here's a link to a store selling them in Canada...not helpful, but shows you what to look for.

https://totalprepare.ca/product/flameless-meal-heater/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top