Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 11:30:16 AM EDT
Currently my shack consists of a Kenwood TS-2000, Yaesu FT-2000, and the Yaesu FT-857D.

In the last 2 years I've strayed from the original intent of my shack setup. What I wanted was a tertiary communications solution. What I ended up with was a ton of money tied up in non-portable rag chewing rigs. Although the TS-2000 really is easily portable.

I will be selling the FT-2000 soon to divert funds to our camp up north. I will be keeping the 857D as it is such a versatile and easily portable hf/uhf/vhf rig with very good performance especially considering what it is.

The big question on the table is the TS-2000. Do I keep the TS-2000 or do I sell it and replace it?  Understanding that I'm a big fan of backups and standardization, I would always like to have 2 hf rigs at my disposal, so if the TS-2000 is sold it will need to be replaced with something.

What say you? Keep the TS-2000 or replace with something more survival orientated?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe I would keep the TS-2000 and the FT-857.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I would either:

A) Donate* the FT-857 to the JaxShooter Benevolence Society
B) Donate* the TS-2000 to the JaxShooter Benevolence Society

* This deduction is not tax-deductible but will yield you great karma and much praise and adoration. You will forever be remembered as a wonderful person. Please IM me for more information.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would either:

A) Donate* the FT-857 to the JaxShooter Benevolence Society
B) Donate* the TS-2000 to the JaxShooter Benevolence Society

* This deduction is not tax-deductible but will yield you great karma and much praise and adoration. You will forever be remembered as a wonderful person. Please IM me for more information.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Awesome response Jax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:11:53 AM EDT
[#4]
  JaxShooter is donation curator for the society.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:57:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, so far I have one vote for keeping the TS-2000.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:10:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Please seriously consider making a donation to our cause. Let me outline some of what we do:

1) We take lonely and sometimes orphaned radios and give them a warm place to stay where they'll be loved and cared for.

2) Teach our radios valuable life lessons (like how to communicate with others) that help instill pride and build up the radio's self-esteem.

3) Provide radios an important job that only they can do. This leads to an understanding of their true value and the vital role they play in our lives.

These are but a few ways we seek to enrich the lives of radios from all over the world. During this joyous holiday season we would like to say "Thank you". Send us your radio(s) before Christmas and receive a 2008 calendar as a token of our appreciation.

Don't delay. Time is of the essence. Do it now...for the radios!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top