Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2013 6:51:00 PM EDT
Any recommendations?

I'd like something not too bulky, waterproof, and as warm as can be without sacrificing too much dexterity. I want them for shooting/hunting in temps in the high 20s into the low 40s, nothing extreme.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Ice climbing gloves are about all you're gonna find that's both warm and dexterous. They're also completely waterproof. Really like these gloves

http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/shop/product_Mountain-Hardwear-Hydra-EXT-Glove_10195866____?cm_mmc=PPC-_-GooglePlusBox-_-na-_-Mountain-Hardwear-Hydra-EXT-Glove&ad_id=GooglePlusBox&adtype=pla&gclid=CMDHvZrwrroCFWfhQgodGTwAHw

Strongly suggest ordering two sizes, and returning whichever fits loosest. They're spendy, but you get your money back
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Try snowboarding park gloves. I have some by Dakine.

I also use winter MX gloves. They're not waterproof, though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#3]
North Face Polar Fleece gloves are damn awesome.

ETA:  Denali Glove.  Keeps me real warm at the temps you describe.  I can even shoot a pistol with them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I wore a pair of these snowshoeing in temps down to 0F and my hands never got cold. I ended up giving them to my carpenter brother for when he worked outside. They're so thin it's almost like wearing latex gloves, mine had synthetic leather palms that let me pick up 1/4" nuts with no problem. The genuine leather palms on these may be thicker. You can probably find the same exact gloves without the name for half price or less, mine were an Xmas gift from Snappy otherwise I'd have made do with heavier ones I already had.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top