Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 6:23:15 PM EDT
I got the deluxe with the snake skins . I set it up in the back yard and jumped in .It was easy to setup and its dark olive color blended in with the surroundings very well . 1st mistake note , make sure the tree you have it tied to will support your weight . It seem to be made pretty good and functioned well .Laying it it felt pretty comfy except where my tree had bowed down on the head end so my feet were slightly elevated but thats my fault. The rain fly took a minute or 2 for me to figure out since the hammock inst square. The site I bought it from sold the #3 snake skins with it but the HH site says to use the #4 , the 3 works but is a bit snug  , especially when you get to the middle.  Well thats it for now.

If I get home during daylight hours this week Im going to carry it down to the river for a proper trail and of course Ill post back with pics. Hopfully by early july me and my BIL are going to take a long kayak trip down the river ,he has a clark north american so I should be able to have a good comparison by then.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool Beans! I highly recommend an inflatable (as in not a self inflating pad) matress to go along with it. Big Agnes makes a nice one that packs smaller than the hammock and turns it into the best night's sleep you ever had outdoors. really helps in the cold too.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the tip dave .

As promised , I took it out today . I went down to the river to try it out on the waters edge . Well  that plan was shot in the foot when I noticed some of the locals down on the sand bar . So I hiked up the trail about 3/4 mile down the river when I found a spot. I saw alot of places that would have worked but poison ivy is right thick in this part of the world and I hate getting it in the webs of my fingers (about the only place I break out) . Any where theres partial sun there is poison ivy . Anyway I found a fairly decent spot even though its in middle of the path and set up . It went up easy and took a little adjustment it was more comfy this time and alot quicker to set up.I re adjusted the rain fly and was able to funnel in a little breeze.Ok heres the pics . BTW theres no chance in _____ I would have set up here for the night , wouldnt want a passing deer to goose me while I sleep or a joy rider to make a drive though of my hammock with his atv..

After take down , just a few ruffled leaves and the sand is stired up a little , nothing I couldnt hide. .
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet pictures, what model is that by the way?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Its the deluxe asym . Got it for around 150 from greatescapessports.com  which I didnt think was to bad. They got it out to me quick too.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:13:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:01:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got back a couple of weeks ago from spending a week in the woods using my Hennesey as well as a debris hut.  

I can safely say that I have NEVER slept better in the woods that in my Hennessey!!! We even had one night where we got over 2.5 inches of rain and I still stayed dry and cozy.  Nighttime temps were around 40 degrees and with a sleeping pad and my bag I was still very warm.  

I also got the snakeskins and they are a very worthwhile addition, they make packing up a breeze once you get the hang of them.

The only downside of the Hennesey is that you need a separate tarp to keep your stuff dry if it is raining, othewise, it gets pretty crowded inside the hammock.  As you can see, I just set up my emergency blanket as a tarp to keep items dry.

Here are a couple of pics of my setup.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/glocker36/Hammock1.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/glocker36/Hammock2.jpg

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:26:03 AM EDT
[#7]
There are some hammock forums out there, (google), that have some really good ideas on how to make them work better.

My favorite is the making/use of quick tie off points using brass rings.

I'll try to find the link tonight.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:12:42 AM EDT
[#8]
lots of folks absolutely love those things.  Probably a nice buy if you live in tree country.  I think they're a great idea.

Some of the places I go don't have trees big enough to tie the damned thing to....
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:21:34 AM EDT
[#9]
nice setup.

I used hammocks and tarps in boyscouts and a hammock and poncho setup in the service.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice set-up.

I've had my eye on Hennessey hammocks for awhile now. I can't decide on which model to get. I love camping, but sleeping on the ground is rarely comfortable for me.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I have been tempted to pick one up.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top