Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 5:07:45 PM EDT
Last night he built a tower with his lego blocks.   He explained to his mom how everything worked.

Here is the explanation.

You build a fire in the bottom of the tower.   The heat makes the air go up.   The air going up turns a fan.   The fan generates electricity

The electricity lights the bulb on the top of the tower.  

Where did a 5 year old who will start kindergarden in september get all of this?   This is the kid I taught to use the multimeter a few weeks ago to test for shorts in the 027 train track.  He tested over 100 sections of track and found all 4 bad ones.  I think he may be as smart as his grandfather  the intelligent donkey.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Mom had to tell me all about this when she called tonight to con me into coaching his soccer team this year.

She was trying to figure out how he came up with that explanation.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
get him some study guides

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#3]
it may not be a practical way to generate electricity,  but the idea of the moving air currents turning the fan and doing it is feasible.  He has the idea down.

And he realizes that the heat from the fire makes air move.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Smart kid!

Here I am thinking I did good getting my HAM license at 14......

N1RIC  
Son of N1PCP (Dad) and N1RFP (mother) and brother of N1RIE
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Start teaching him Morse Code. The young'ens learn quickly.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Start teaching him Morse Code. The young'ens learn quickly.

Yup.  He could be smoking along at 30wpm like it was a second language, because it would be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top