Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2016 2:13:55 PM EDT
I picked up a cheap 48K Sound card from Amazon Here for $14.99 , and installed the NaP3 software.

I also will used the E980231 I/Q Output Cable to plug between the I/Q output on the KX3 and the Line in on the sound card and
the KXUSBa USB RS232 to 3.5mm Cable betwen the KX3 and the computer to control the KX3 and read the modes/frequency.

It may not be as slick as the PX3 but it's a whole lot cheaper and gives you a simple panadapter.

PS: Though I could have used my desktop stereo input this gave me the ability to use it with my little Acer laptop portable.

Note: For windows 8.1

Download the driver download Here use  the driver CM6120XL (CM6206 driver for Windows 8) v1.03

Then disable the auto driver update ( How To )

Link Posted: 3/5/2016 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I am working on a device now that will give you all the IO for the KX3 and a 192KHz sound card in one package with a single USB to the computer. I made a post about it a few months ago but people seemed to think it would be too expensive. I like the NaP3 software and since it is IQ data it can be put into most other SDR programs.

Lately I have been using an iMic with 48Khz of bandwidth and really like it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
This is exactly what I've been looking for!

Any issues/problems?  Is CAT control fully functional?

Can you post a screenshot of your NaP3 setup window?
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I only played with it a little bit and did it as more of proof of concept than anything else.
I figured for $15 I had little to loose, It's not the best sound card and I would
think a better one would work better (more bandwidth and smoother display).

Here's a screen shot from the NaP3 Page

I'm about to load it on my little laptop (I did the test on my desktop)

Link Posted: 3/5/2016 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am working on a device now that will give you all the IO for the KX3 and a 192KHz sound card in one package with a single USB to the computer. I made a post about it a few months ago but people seemed to think it would be too expensive. I like the NaP3 software and since it is IQ data it can be put into most other SDR programs.

Lately I have been using an iMic with 48Khz of bandwidth and really like it.
View Quote

I though about doing something similar before,  basically a box with
a USB Hub and a sound card (or two) and RS-232 adapter in it.

When I first got my KX3 I was traveling a lot so, but now not as much
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag  
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#6]
You all HAVE seen the Raspberry Pi Panadapter, right?

QST Build Article
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I got it working on my laptop as well I did have to go to the Chipset driver download page Here and download
the driver  CM6120XL (CM6206 driver for Windows 8) v1.03 to get it to work on my Windows 8 laptop

It actually works a little better on the laptop (less of a hump in the center)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top