Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2009 4:18:52 PM EDT
Had a look at these today in person...was very impressed with the quality and how EASY they pop up. Im looking at the XL 1920 with optional bunk beds on one side, queen bed on other as well as indoor shower and toilet.  Waiting on a price quote with options...brand new should be around $13k according to the dealer.  Thats asking price of course

Chalet Campers
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
That is very....strange looking....but kind of cool at the same time.

Does it fold flat or always stay up like that?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That is very....strange looking....but kind of cool at the same time.

Does it fold flat or always stay up like that?

Folds down flat like any other pop-up.  Except its all done by hand, no cranking, no electronics to fail, just releasing some latches and takes less then 30 seconds.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#3]
folds down flat
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't see any folding pictures, does anyone have any?

Looks interesting. I assume the sides just flip up and you clip them together then?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I looked at a couple of these last year. But the whole camper thing has been put on the back burner for now.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:56:28 AM EDT
[#6]
We looked at these as well as the Aliner brand a two years ago when we were shopping for our popup.  They are very neat - but very, very small inside.  We felt they would be a bit too cozy for our family of four.  A regular popup will give you two to three times the interior space.  The other thing is the sloped walls don't provide a good way to attach an awning.  We do all our cooking and stuff under the awning of our popup.
Alot of people do like the Chalets though - what ever fits your needs best
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We looked at these as well as the Aliner brand a two years ago when we were shopping for our popup.  They are very neat - but very, very small inside.  We felt they would be a bit too cozy for our family of four.  A regular popup will give you two to three times the interior space.  The other thing is the sloped walls don't provide a good way to attach an awning.  We do all our cooking and stuff under the awning of our popup.
Alot of people do like the Chalets though - what ever fits your needs best

They make a custom awning that covers part of the top and extends out over the side and back where the outdoor bbq attaches.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#8]
That seems a bit expensive for what your getting. The wife and I are looking to get one of these Jayco J-Flight, have priced this one already from a dealer and can get it for just above $10k driving it off the lot. We went and loked at it very roomy and spacious AC/HEAT Central air, Propane HOTwater, full size shower. Our main use will be for motorcycle track days but it could have other uses like a mobile BOL
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That seems a bit expensive for what your getting. The wife and I are looking to get one of these Jayco J-Flight, have priced this one already from a dealer and can get it for just above $10k driving it off the lot. We went and loked at it very roomy and spacious AC/HEAT Central air, Propane HOTwater, full size shower. Our main use will be for motorcycle track days but it could have other uses like a mobile BOL

I have a Jayco 27' (currently listed as the 28BHS) bunk house model and we LOVE IT!  Ours is a 2008 model with all the bells and whistles....for which we paid $14,250.  Fantastic camper, great craftsmanship.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#11]
My uncle has an Arrowhead with the optional cassette toilet and a shower in it along with most other options.  It's only him and my aunt so it works out fine for them.  It seems to be well built and he's been real happy with it so far.  He says it tows beautifully behind his SUV and even his MGB (Rover V8 engine, upgraded brakes, etc).  He bought his used for a great price but it looks brand new.  

Last year on one of my camping trips I met a couple who had one of the larger versions.  They were traveling around the country in a full sized van that held their stuff and living in the camper.  They said it didn't really effect their gas mileage like a larger camper and yet was still quick and easy to pop up when they stopped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top