Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2018 3:49:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Grottski]
Family gets a condo and splits the cost every year so we are heading down to Florida next week.  Hows the fishing in the Clearwater/Reddington area?  I have some surf fishing experience and usually go when I'm down here but we usually stay in the Manasota Key area.

Just wondering what the fishing is like in this area as I am getting things packed and ready to head down south.  Would like to get into some spotted sea trout and possibly some pompano.  I know it will be a little early for snook.  Is their any backwater access thats worth while nearby?  Dont plan on bringing a boat but may pack a kayak.  I plan on bringing a fly rod (never fly fished salt, but why not? ) down in addition to my surf gear.  Figure clousers, half and halfs and decievers will be the order of the day for the fly aspect of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top