Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 6:01:20 PM EDT
Honestly I think if they had anything, they would have used it already.  Although it never hurts to be ready.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2011/05/02/2011-05-02_final_bin_laden_doomsday_tape_may_be_released_by_al_qaeda_disciples_us_officials.html

A doomsday tape made by Osama Bin Laden was poised to be released Monday by his Al Qaeda disciples.

U.S. officials feared the recording would be akin to a voice from the grave calling for a do-or-die jihad against the West, a final order of a terrorist madman.

Just a day after U.S. Navy SEALs raided Bin Laden's luxury hideout in Pakistan and snuffed him out, media outlets were weighing whether to air a tape that could boost his legacy as a martyr.

It's been 14 months since Bin Laden released his last tape to claim responsibility for Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab's Christmas Day 2009 attempt to ignite an underwear bomb on a Michigan-bound plane.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8241119/capturing-bin-laden-would-unleash-hell

Capturing bin Laden 'would unleash hell'

The mastermind of the 9/11 attacks warned that al-Qaeda has hidden a nuclear bomb in Europe which will unleash a "nuclear hellstorm" if Osama bin Laden is captured, leaked files revealed.

The terror group also planned to make a 9/11 style attack on London's Heathrow airport by crashing a hijacked airliner into one of the terminals, the files showed.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed told Guantanamo Bay interrogators the terror group would detonate the nuclear device if the al-Qaeda chief was captured or killed, according to the classified files released by the WikiLeaks website.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/osama-bin-ladens-son-death-unleash-violent-enemies/story?id=13509779

Bin Laden's Son: Worst Is Yet to Come

Osama bin Laden's son had a chilling warning for those who were hunting his father with drones, secret agents and missile strikes.

From Omar bin Laden's up-close look at the next generation of mujahideen and al Qaeda training camps he says the worst may lie ahead, that if his father is killed America may face a broader and more violent enemy, with nothing to keep them in check.

"From what I knew of my father and the people around him I believe he is the most kind among them, because some are much, much worse," Omar bin Laden, who was raised in the midst of his father's fighters, told ABC News in an exclusive interview in February 2010. "Their mentality wants to make more violence, to create more problems."

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I get we will just have to see, although if there is a video I'm sure Al Jazera would have run it already.  As for the nuke threat, and another plane hijacking, I think they're just talking tough.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
i am expecting nothing "major major" but i do expect something to happen.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
You know, them media retards will air anything to get ratings. Every time they air an OBL tape they are give strength to the terrorist mindset. When it's aired, people grow fearful, feel panic, or just get plain worried that something may happen. It's those people that give the terrorists what they want...attention. Just like those kids who are diagnosed with ADHD, wet the bed, talk with their hands, and grow up in homes with no discipline or repercussions for their actions. They scream for attention, it's the "LOOK AT ME" syndrome as I've started calling it. When the media gets one of these, they should destroy and it should never be brought up to anyone else than those in the room when the tape is destroyed. Sure, give a copy to the .gov and let them deal with it however they seem fit. The same goes for letting them media vultures into "secure" areas or ingrained with the military during operations. F them! I've been deployed where reporters were located and it was a total pain in the ass. Let me do my job without thinking if someone is recording it and may hammer me later for only a minute of tape where I threw an insurgent to the ground. Yeah, don't show what happened to lead up to that point, just that on national television. It's what they do.

Ok....rant over....

Now that it's over, I don't believe that there should be any discussion on the point of release...it's simple...don't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top