Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2009 4:16:43 PM EDT
Hi all ,I have a copy of this book in pretty good condition that I have finished reading.I will send it out per media mail free of charge to the first person who replies to this post.All that I ask is that when you get done reading it, is to post it here as I have and send it to someone else.

I have to work the next 4 days so it will be at least that long before I mail it out with media mail.

Thanks

Rnurse
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Rnurse, I'd like to take you up on your offer, and will put it back up after reading it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Done, IM your addy andI I will get it out to ya as soon as I can,

Thanks

Rnurse
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#3]
IM sent, thanks!
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Man,

The things that happen when a man is out working.

Do me a favor. IM me when you are done reading it.

StagPower
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Just FYI,  Matt has his new book (last part of the trilogy) out now!  http://www.enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/order.htm   Its called "FOREIGN ENEMIES AND TRAITORS".  From what I hear, it is as good as the first two!
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 5:16:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I know, I read the exerps and they were riviting, and almost prophetic.

StagPower
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 6:07:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered the last book off amazon. I hope that it is as good as the first two.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I just finished this book, and am going to send it on to StagPower, as he had requested in this thread.  He has agreed to post it back up when he is done and keep it circulating around the SF.  Thanks again to Rnurse for offering up this great book.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#9]
The last book was fantastic. I especially liked that the setting was about 40 miles west of my house.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I just finished reading his latest book FOREIGN ENEMIES and traitors The Greater Depression and Civil War 2 and it was great reading and very hard to put down. I think the content,characters and writing style in this book are his best effort yet. Its well worth buying and keeping to read again and again.

I'm hoping he is working on another book.

Red
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just finished reading his latest book FOREIGN ENEMIES and traitors The Greater Depression and Civil War 2 and it was great reading and very hard to put down. I think the content,characters and writing style in this book are his best effort yet. Its well worth buying and keeping to read again and again.

I'm hoping he is working on another book.

Red

Why, you now know how it all ends.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Somebody offered to loan me their copy of Enemies Foreign and Domestic if I passed it on to someone else after I read it. Then he remembered he'd already given it away.

And until I find a place that will fricking hire me, no money for a copy of my own.

Gosh it sucks to be unemployed.

Anyway, congrats to the first responder. I think you'll enjoy it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

StagPower

I read the chapter excerps and agree, they're absolutely riveting.

As for eerily prophetic books, how about Atlas Shrugged? There's another I've yet to read, but general consensus is "you can follow along with current events almost chapter for chapter".
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

StagPower

I read the chapter excerps and agree, they're absolutely riveting.

As for eerily prophetic books, how about Atlas Shrugged? There's another I've yet to read, but general consensus is "you can follow along with current events almost chapter for chapter".

Yes Atlas Shrugged is eerily prophetic, and a very good read.. have read it twice and given multiple copies out.  

Question to those who have read Matthew Brackens books... Do they need to or should the be read in order or are they "stand alone" books?   From the blurbs of his website i want to eventually read them all, just curious if it matters the order?

Thanks,
C

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#15]
It would be best to read them in order because there are characters that do carry through the books. Reading them out of order doesn't really ruin the read though.

Matt's book sure helped me recover after I read that boring idiot plot in THE ROAD !!

I agree Atlas Shrugged is well worth reading & rereading. My girlfriend just finished reading it for the first time and it made a solid impression on her.

Red

Originally Posted by constitutionlvr

Yes Atlas Shrugged is eerily prophetic, and a very good read.. have read it twice and given multiple copies out.  

Question to those who have read Matthew Brackens books... Do they need to or should the be read in order or are they "stand alone" books?   From the blurbs of his website i want to eventually read them all, just curious if it matters the order?

Thanks,
C

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:22:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top