Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2011 10:05:31 AM EDT
Looking at getting a small survival food pack to keep in the house for emergencies.

I was suggested this site by someone, looks like decent stuff.  Anyone here have nay experiences with the company?

Web - http://www.efoodsdirect.com/

This is the package I was looking at getting - http://www.efoodsdirect.com/store/index.php/shop/responders/evacuation-pack.html

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
We got the sample they list and like it. Today I received the case of corn chowder and potatoe soup, we really like them both, I plan to get
a few more cases as I can of these just to add to my stash of food supplies I have hidden in our house.
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 6:17:48 AM EDT
[#3]
You want multi level marketing or a good deal on long term food storage?

It's getting close to 2012, all the used car salesmen are coming back into the industry just as they did in 98 and 99.....
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You want multi level marketing or a good deal on long term food storage?

It's getting close to 2012, all the used car salesmen are coming back into the industry just as they did in 98 and 99.....

I like the fact that they package those items together for you.

What would you suggest?
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Was referring more to their "Amway" type approach to business- multi level marketing. The fact that their "reps" like to spam forums with their crap. I emailed the "company" about it twice, got NO REPLY from them BUT they did slam me onto their little email mailing list- so I had MORE SPAM to deal with!

But their reps are "independent agents" so 2-3 spamming a forum doesn't mean they all will. However the "company's" lack of concern about that happening is reason #17 for me to stay away from clowns like that....

Like I said, all the used car salesmen types came to the forefront in 98 and 99. A lot of people were duped by them because they were flashy, offered some free crap every so often, etc. Jan 1st, 2000 they had all vanished.

Just change the dates in the last paragraph above to "came to the forefront in 2010 and 2011" and "Jan 1st, 2013 they had all vanished."

Sorry, having been in the industry for 20 years and seen this before a couple times, I'm a little cynical...
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, so you just don't like their marketing and have no actual experience with the food or products then, correct?
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Me thinks there's more to his story than he's letting on.....
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I've purchased quite a bit of food from them, as have some other family members.  We've all been completely satisfied with the purchases.  In fact, I am planning on placing another order when I can get some more cash squirreled away.
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 6:12:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OK, so you just don't like their marketing and have no actual experience with the food or products then, correct?

LOL, sorry to ruin the "plug" for your company.

Yes, I'm sure "their" dehydrated storage food is so much different than Waltons, or Blue Chip product. I'm sure they have their "own" fields where they grow product and their "own" factories where they are dehydrated and their "own" cannery that packs them.

Your right, 20 years in this industry and I have no idea about it.....

Guys, 95% of the dehydrated food out there comes from ONE OR TWO actual manufacturers. It's relabeled and retailers call it their "brand."

So all these "comparisons" are really pretty stupid as the majority is the same product, packed the same way 9 times out of 10 coming from the same place. But some people are suckers for slick marketing.

Go back to your commercial, sorry I brought reality into the situation...
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Man you have the weirdest responses....and I think you are insinuating I'm with their company?  If that's the case then that's pretty hilarious, I don;t think I even posted anything here remotely related to a "sales pitch".

OK..soo..moving along.  Anyone else?

I think I may try out there free sample deal, I'll post here with what I find.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Guys, 95% of the dehydrated food out there comes from ONE OR TWO actual manufacturers. It's relabeled and retailers call it their "brand."

I have tried the sample pack from E-foods, and was surprised at how good it was. I am a few days away from ordering a case of the potato soup, so this thread is very relevant to my interests. I am not affiliated with them, nor do I know anyone that is a sales person for them. I am planning on ordering direct from their website. The quoted response from Lowdown3 inspired me to do about 10 minutes of research. Here is what I found from a quick google search.

My personal opinion on the E-Foods products is that they are a bit over priced. I would like to save some money when I order. Can anyone show me where I can get the same product for a little less money. I have compared the ingredients from these suppliers. All of them came from the first page of my google search. It looks like none of the ingredients are a direct match, to the E-foods product.  It should be pretty easy since they are only ONE or TWO actual manufacturers out there.

E Foods creamy potato soup.
INGREDIENTS: Dehydrated Potatoes, Onions, Celery, Cheddar Cheese (pasteurized milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), Corn Starch, Organic Palm Oil, Organic Brown Rice Syrup Solids, Organic Skim Milk Solids, Organic Sugar, Whey, Maltodextrin, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Natural Flavor, Sunflower Oil, Organic Lecithin, Tapioca Dextrin, Salt, Disodium Phosphate, Annatto Extract, Disodium Inosinate & Disodium Guanylate, Turmeric Extract, Garlic and Spices

Bear Creek
Johnnys
Store it Foods
USA Emergency supply
Survivalist food
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#12]
My family and I really like the stroganoff, the chicken noodle soup, and the corn chowder.  I have an order in for a few more items before I place a big order.  These will server as "luxury" prep meals, when water and fuel are in high supply
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My family and I really like the stroganoff, the chicken noodle soup, and the corn chowder.  I have an order in for a few more items before I place a big order.  These will server as "luxury" prep meals, when water and fuel are in high supply

A rocket stove should solve half of that problem. My 11yr old has cooked a couple meals on ours with nothing more than a few sticks and small untreated boards.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Looking at getting a small survival food pack to keep in the house for emergencies.

I was suggested this site by someone, looks like decent stuff.  Anyone here have nay experiences with the company?

This is the package I was looking at getting - http://www.efoodsdirect.com/store/index.php/shop/responders/evacuation-pack.html

Thanks.

I am underwhelmed by efoods.  

Their $1700 basic kit has 5 cans fewer than the Sam's clubs 900 dollar kit (80/85).  It odes have the 4 gallon bucket of sprouting seeds, but Sams comes with a wheat grinder.  I think I can live without the seeds for for $800.

Their $1800 (On sale now for only $1252 HURRY)kit has a whopping 85 cans and adds about 200 servings of soup and the seeds.  Sorry, I think I can buy one number 10 can of food, some seeds and 200 "servings" of soup for less than the $400 I would save buying Aquason farms from Sams.  Or buying something similar from Emergency Essentials.

As I have said before, if they don't give you a calorie count and/or make it hard to find, you are probably getting screwed.  Nothing I saw looking at Efoods way overpriced crap changes that.

IMHO YMMV
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 5:19:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Creamy potato soup? Check Waltons. Probably a good bit cheaper. That's probably who is packing it for them anyways. Good product, we have eaten a pretty fair amount of that over the last 25 years....

It's just like when you go into Publix, or Kroger, Food Lion, whatever supermarket you have. Do you really think PUBLIX owns tens of thousands of acres of fields where they grow the food, then numerous procressing plants that process it, then a packing house to pack it in? Hell no.

Delmonte, Kraft, etc. runs their store label brand for them on their machines. One run is done, labels are switched from Delmonte to Publix and another run is done.

Don't think this sort of thing doesn't happen in the dehydrated food storage industry also. Guys, I owned and ran a mid size commercial cannery for two years in the 90's. All we did was pack, nothing more. Pallets and pallets of wheat, legumes, rice, dehydrated veggies and fruits came in, we opened them and packed them into Superpails, #10 cans and packaged them for long term storage. So I do have some real insight on these things, having actually worked most of the angles in this industry for 20 years.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I am underwhelmed by efoods.  

Their $1700 basic kit has 5 cans fewer than the Sam's clubs 900 dollar kit (80/85).  It odes have the 4 gallon bucket of sprouting seeds, but Sams comes with a wheat grinder.  I think I can live without the seeds for for $800.

Their $1800 (On sale now for only $1252 HURRY)kit has a whopping 85 cans and adds about 200 servings of soup and the seeds.  Sorry, I think I can buy one number 10 can of food, some seeds and 200 "servings" of soup for less than the $400 I would save buying Aquason farms from Sams.  Or buying something similar from Emergency Essentials.

As I have said before, if they don't give you a calorie count and/or make it hard to find, you are probably getting screwed.  Nothing I saw looking at Efoods way overpriced crap changes that.

IMHO YMMV

What  or where would you suggest for a smaller portion of goods?  Something like a 2-3 week survival kit, I don't want to get something so big as that huge Sams kit.

Quoted:
Creamy potato soup? Check Waltons. Probably a good bit cheaper. That's probably who is packing it for them anyways. Good product, we have eaten a pretty fair amount of that over the last 25 years....

It's just like when you go into Publix, or Kroger, Food Lion, whatever supermarket you have. Do you really think PUBLIX owns tens of thousands of acres of fields where they grow the food, then numerous procressing plants that process it, then a packing house to pack it in? Hell no.

Delmonte, Kraft, etc. runs their store label brand for them on their machines. One run is done, labels are switched from Delmonte to Publix and another run is done.

Don't think this sort of thing doesn't happen in the dehydrated food storage industry also. Guys, I owned and ran a mid size commercial cannery for two years in the 90's. All we did was pack, nothing more. Pallets and pallets of wheat, legumes, rice, dehydrated veggies and fruits came in, we opened them and packed them into Superpails, #10 cans and packaged them for long term storage. So I do have some real insight on these things, having actually worked most of the angles in this industry for 20 years.

OK here is the issue with your posts, you're getting hung up on their supposed advertising.  I don't give a Shit where it comes from, I just want something that tastes decent, will last and will help me survive in a bad situation.

You're angry at their marketing, you're not helping with the actual value of the food OR suggesting a better economic alternative. You obviously just have a beef with their company since you were "in the industry" and we don't care.  So, please make this your last post about their "fields" or their supposed re-packaging of items. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Wow..... OK, I'll go get the crayons....

Check Waltonfeed.com

for what is likely the same product sold cheaper.

Sorry I won't try to explain how things works to you Rhinocks.

Shorter message, less explanation, less big words, hopefully that will help you.

Link Posted: 8/26/2011 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#18]
First thing you have posted that was worth anything at all, And you still sound like a complete asshole. Good job.
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#19]
For 2-3 weeks?  I would probably just go with off the shelf packaged foods.  BUild up the basics that you all ready eat.  Realistically, that is what several companies with the buckets do.  Their product is nothing more than repackaged off the shelf instant potatos, mac and cheese etc or at least their nutritional list is identical to many of those products.  SO save money buy foil packaged tuna, instant potatos etc and store it properly.  

Other options?
1.  Sams also sells a one month kit of dehydrated/freeze dried food in smaller cans for around $135.  More per month than the one year kits but smaller packages so less chance of wastage.  Aquason farms which is sold by both Sams (number 10 cans) and Costco (superpails) is blue chip foods IIRC.

2.  MOuntain House/alpine arie etc.  foil pouches.  SHop around but keep in mind they have a much shorter shelf life than cans so you will be rotating more often.  Also remember to count the calories so you dont short change yourself/

3.  MRE's.  IF you eat every thing in the package two will be between 2K and 2500 calories(but everything includes candy gun sauce whatever).  So it is easier to figure approximate calories.  Cheaper by the case but several vendors sell individual pieces so you can just get what you want to eat.

Link Posted: 8/27/2011 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the info, good to know.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:10:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What  or where would you suggest for a smaller portion of goods?  Something like a 2-3 week survival kit, I don't want to get something so big as that huge Sams kit.

ummmmm
Buy one of the smaller kits?

We bought a couple of these with the idea that, if needed, we would give them to family members.
(My wifes idea was that we could give her mother a kit vs. her mother coming to live with us - I love my wife )

A friend of mine came over, checked it out and decided to take one home with him. - I made it his mancave warming present.

I did a small review here.

and no, I am not related to samsclub or walmart.

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 6:18:06 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't know if any of you care about MSG, but my wife and I won't order from eFoods because they are misleading people about their food ingredients.

Autolyzed yeast extract is MSG by another name.  They claim "no MSG added" but their products contain it. That alone keeps me from supporting them.

I am not affiliated with any food or survival company of any kind.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#23]
I tried one of their sample meals before...packaged well and tasted good.  Thats all I got though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top