Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2013 5:40:48 PM EDT
I was just fuming in another thread about the WMA where I hit down here. The camping rules allow people to set-up there camps starting in November to stake out their little slice of the camping areas. Problem is that they do not have to be present. They can set their crap up first day and just leave there all season while they head back to work during the week. I went in last night and all the campsites were full of tents, pop-ups, swamp buggies and campers. I literally drove from camp to camp and could not find 2 trees to tie up a hammock and yet I only saw about 3 other people anywhere.

I was PO'ed to no end.

Does your state allow camps to be unattended overnight?
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't realize our WMAs allowed camping stuff to be left out. I'm sorry, that stinks!

I don't camp in WMAs on the designated campsites. If I legally can I like to camp actually out in the woods, but that's summertime camping not during hunting season. In hunting season I only hit the WMAs in driving distance or else I go to my family's hunting land and camp there.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Most of the state parks around here require first night occupation, and 14 day max I think.  The BLM and Forest Service at 14 days max in one location.  That is what I know of.  This is in NV.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:34:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't think of leaving camp setup while gone because I'd be afraid someone would come in and take whatever I leave.  Dishonest people exist in the world and if all you see is 3 people during the week, it would be pretty easy to drive up and disassemble someones tent/camp and take it with you.

That sucks they don't have a maximum number of days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top