Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2013 3:33:47 PM EDT
Today I bought some coolers for $5 a piece on CL.  In the past I've traded for silver and such.  

What preps have you got from CL?  Anything you constantly search for on a daily basis?

In my experience there are some SERIOUS bargains out there!!!

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Camping

Wood Cook Stove / Or wood stove / Chimney

Military

Motorcycle / Scooter  (500 to $1000 Specifically)

Preparedness (Mostly bullshit)

Emergency (Mostly bullshit)

Police

Compound bow / or Bow

Arrows

Ammo

Ammo Cans

Rifle

Generator

Medical

19 year old Dominican Wife.....

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
My best score ever was an almost unused Britelyt (Petromax) CP500 lantern for $40.00

ETA: and no, it is not a Chinese knock-off.

Other goodies include:
Coleman lanterns and stoves.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked at some of the gas powered lanterns around here.  Seem like something to buy one or two of for $20-$30.  Beats the crap out of propane!! I always have 50+ gallons of gas on hand.  Then again I also have a ton of candles.

As for the motorcycles....they are out there.  But what do you do with them??  Resale/ride/etc.??

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Nalgene

Bike trailer

Cargo carrier

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nalgene

Bike trailer

Cargo carrier

View Quote

You would drink out of someone else's bottle??  

Same question as I asked about motorcycles with the bike trailer and cargo carrier....what do you do with them?

One can only have/use a limited number of some things.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I looked at some of the gas powered lanterns around here.  Seem like something to buy one or two of for $20-$30.  Beats the crap out of propane!! I always have 50+ gallons of gas on hand.  Then again I also have a ton of candles.

As for the motorcycles....they are out there.  But what do you do with them??  Resale/ride/etc.??

Thanks

-Emt1581
View Quote

Most of my lanterns are Coleman's that I paid $5-$20 ea.
Most are Coleman fuel, some run gas.

The Britelyt is a multifuel lantern, pretty much runs anything flammable.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

-Emt1581

Any that run on Coleman fuel should run on unleaded...no?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks

-Emt1581
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

-Emt1581

Thanks

-Emt1581

They will, but it tends to clog the generators faster.
Gasoline has a lot of additives.

The britelyt in the photo is running kerosene
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you dense a drama quene?

How do you think I knew how to tell you what to look for when you were looking for a roof rack.

If you are afraid of second hand kitchenware, then you better not eat out at a sit down restaurant.
I have a magical elixer called dis soap that kills bad little critters, and a magical device called a dishwasher that cooks the bad little critters like an autoclave.

I have pics posted my bike trailers hauling my kids in this forum
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#10]

One on ebay closing in a little over a day..

{url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Britelyt-Petromax-multi-fuel-Rapid-150CP-lantern-/261246900230?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd3875806#ht_256wt_985{/url]

Quoted:
My best score ever was an almost unused Britelyt (Petromax) CP500 lantern for $40.00
http://imageshack.us/a/img4/6703/img0325vot.jpg

Other goodies include:
Coleman lanterns and stoves.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are you dense a drama quene?

View Quote

Nope, but I kan spel gud.

-Emt1581

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#12]
What about things like body armor, tactical gear, etc.?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Same question as I asked about motorcycles with the bike trailer and cargo carrier....what do you do with them?

Thanks

-Emt1581
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nalgene

Bike trailer

Cargo carrier

Thanks

-Emt1581

Every time that you go to a restaurant you will drink out of a glass that many other people drank out of.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Every time that you go to a restaurant you will drink out of a glass that many other people drank out of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nalgene

Bike trailer

Cargo carrier

Thanks

-Emt1581

Yeah but you have no way of knowing what someone on CL did with a bottle.  They could have stored chemicals, drugs, or taken a dump in it!!  

No thanks!

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Got a $500 wondermill grain mill for $65. I consider that a good score.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah but you have no way of knowing what someone on CL did with a bottle.  They could have stored chemicals, drugs, or taken a dump in it!!  

No thanks!

-Emt1581
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No thanks!

-Emt1581

So you ask what others find on cl then want to fuss about it?  You really meed to stay in GD
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So you ask what others find on cl then want to fuss about it?  You really meed to stay in GD
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No thanks!

-Emt1581

Actually I just questioned drinking out of someone else's bottle.  You were the one that neglected to answer the other questions asked of you, spouted off with name calling (mis-spelled as it was), and then made a fuss.  Might want to follow your own advice about GD.  Seems your replies in this thread certainly belong there.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Run it through the dishwasher, bleach it, and I figure it's good, at least as decent as the canteens the Army gave me at CIF. I picked up three near-new Nalgenes last year when an out of town unit came in to use one of our ranges. They left gear all over the place.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#19]
It aint nukular rocket surgery.  I did answer you.

If you cannot understand that washing cures most issues with clothes and kitchen ware, then you have issues.

If you cannot understand that posting pics shows how a bike trailer is used, then you have issues.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If you cannot understand that washing cures most issues with clothes and kitchen ware, then you have issues.

If you cannot understand that posting pics shows how a bike trailer is used, then you have issues.

View Quote

Then I couldn't understand your answers.  I asked what you did with multiples of the trailers and such and your answer was "I have pics posted my bike trailers hauling my kids in this forum".  Was that supposed to translate to "I use them all"?  If so, fine.  That's beautiful that you posted pics, but I've never seen them.  A simple "I use them all" would have sufficed.

I have a trailer for my boat and one for my motorcycle.  Not sure I would have a use for duplicates of either which is why I asked.  

As for curing MOST issues by washing....that whole "99.9% of germs" Clorox advertises....that .1% can kill you.  Kinda like you should not try to make water that a dead cow has been floating in potable.  My point was how do you know that the guy on CL did not have something nasty in there that just might be that .1%?  

I but pretty much anything used on CL, but not things to eat/with or drink/out of.  If you choose to, that's fine.  

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Then I couldn't understand your answers.  I asked what you did with multiples of the trailers and such and your answer was "I have pics posted my bike trailers hauling my kids in this forum".  Was that supposed to translate to "I use them all"?  If so, fine.  That's beautiful that you posted pics, but I've never seen them.  A simple "I use them all" would have sufficed.

I have a trailer for my boat and one for my motorcycle.  Not sure I would have a use for duplicates of either which is why I asked.  

As for curing MOST issues by washing....that whole "99.9% of germs" Clorox advertises....that .1% can kill you.  Kinda like you should not try to make water that a dead cow has been floating in potable.  My point was how do you know that the guy on CL did not have something nasty in there that just might be that .1%?  

I but pretty much anything used on CL, but not things to eat/with or drink/out of.  If you choose to, that's fine.  

-Emt1581
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Emt1581

I get the idea that if you're in the market for trailers or other similar items, CL is a good place to start. I don't understand seeking multiples, although i suppose if you have one bike trailer, then find another, you buy the new one and sell the old.

Speaking of germs, through my home brewing hobby I've discovered StarSan. It's effective in less time than bleach, and you can keep a big batch of it made up for a while and use it as needed. I don't know if its actually superior to bleach as far as it's "kill percentage" goes, but obviously brewing is pretty particular when it comes to germs.

When it comes to eating though, I'm completely with you. I've seen the things that go int GI canteens, and I know what dishes in my house started life in the kitchen but now live in the garage. I wouldn't want anyone to drink from either.

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 3:46:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Got a $500 wondermill grain mill for $65. I consider that a good score.
View Quote

What model of Wondermill would that be?

AFAIK a new Wondermill Jr. Deluxe sells for ~$220.00 and an electric Wondermill ~$240.00

still a good score, though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 6:42:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Hands up, who has used their wife's Tupperware to change oil in a motorcycle!

Yeah, you bring up a good point, emt. The kitchenware that I have requisitioned for garage duty generally doesn't make it back in the house, but who knows what other people do. When you switch your sprayer from weed killer to concrete sealer, that 2,4-d's gotta go somewhere. "I can put it I here, then pour it back afterward."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 8:54:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Lehmans grain mill with steel and stone burrs $10 Like new.
Pelican case for my AR for $50
Ontario KABAR for $5
Military sleep system like new for $75. This was a few years ago when they sold for $150-200
Traded an old cross bow for at the time was $245 in pre 65 silver coins.
NIB Aimpoint PRO, Sig light/laser grip nib, 500rds 7.62x39, 40rds .300WM, 100rds 9mm,100rds 45acp, 250rds PMC .223,50rds .380, a few cheap scopes and some other stuff I cant remember for $400 !!!
A Colman stove $15 and red coleman lantern with a yellow globe $15 I think its from the 1960's

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks to this thread I scored these today:

I would tell you how much I paid but you'd get mad.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2w7ivix.jpg

View Quote

Anything less than $500 would be a steal.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$80

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

$80

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$80

And here I was feeling pretty good about my complete ILBE I picked up for $45 last week...

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I do like the ILBE system...I would have jumped on that deal too.  But I need another pack like a hole in the head.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:12:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you decide you have 'too many' and want to make your money back, IM me....
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
$80

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$80

Wow.

Who makes those? I haven been searching CL using, "Fuel cans", "gas cans", etc., and can't find squat.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 7:28:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Same here with the gas cans.  Either overpriced or "vintage/antique" cans that are VERY overpriced!

As for the ILBE, I was going to get one because they are so cheap but at 8lbs empty I decided to keep my eye out for a Kelty, Osprey, etc. that will be lighter.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wow.    

Who makes those? I haven been searching CL using, "Fuel cans", "gas cans", etc., and can't find squat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$80

Wow.    

Scepter.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Same here with the gas cans.  Either overpriced or "vintage/antique" cans that are VERY overpriced!

As for the ILBE, I was going to get one because they are so cheap but at 8lbs empty I decided to keep my eye out for a Kelty, Osprey, etc. that will be lighter.

-Emt1581
View Quote

All about right place at the right time. When I sell shit on CL, I'm trying to get rid of it, not make money. So, you just gotta catch "us" when we put it up, cuz it's gone within a day and I've got a few bucks and more garage space. Everyone's a winner.

Reminds me of when I was helping a friend of my wife's get rid of some shit before she moved. Bunch of green treated 2x10's, 12' long. Sold them for $2 each. I met the dude there, and he was eyeballing a blue plastic barrel she had, too. Threw it in with the lumber deal. He was probably thinking "Score!" I was thinking "One less thing I'm gonna have to help her move!"  She would have just had to figure out how to throw it away, costing her money. Everyone's a winner.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Today's CL score. All three for $22, a 90 mile round trip car ride, and a couple hours of quality car time with my boy.

One says Blitz on it, and the other two have a G and US on the side. The insides are good, the outsides are a little banged up; but I can live with that. I have another one that matches the G US models perfectly, that I paid $20 for alone; and it was rusty in the tank.

Thinking about blasting them, then repainting them.

Two were used for diesel fuel. Any input on how I should do about cleaning them out so I can fill them up with 100LL?

I would say thanks to the OP for this thread, however now all I'm going to be doing is searching CL for deals.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Is it me or did someone try making that indentation into a swastika?

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Is it me or did someone try making that indentation into a swastika?

-Emt1581
View Quote
Didn't notice that until you pointed it out. I sure as heck hope not, the guy I got them from was extremely nice, not the type you'd think would be into that evil stuff.

I'm going to say it's just some dirty/crap on there, and the crappy cell phone picture makes it stand out.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#38]
5 gallon nato cans for $5 each

20lb propane (bbq size) tanks for $5 each

multiple generators on the cheap.

wheels with decent tires for full size spares.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Just picked this up.  Electric wheat grinder, very heavy duty/industrial.  $35

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Kero-Sun Director. Just needs a new wick (ordered). $8. Not as good as my Radiant 10's though: 2 for 25 cents (although one had the heat chamber missing).
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:43:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Just traded an old scooter that wasn't running, a Mosin Nagant with about 200 rounds, and xd 45 with 4 mags and 50 rounds,and a small single shot 12 ga with 20 rounds for a barely used Honda eu3000 mounted on a 2"receiver with a custom diamond plate cover box for my camper. Very excited and I feel like I got an awesome deal!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Today I bought some coolers for $5 a piece on CL.  In the past I've traded for silver and such.  

What preps have you got from CL?  Anything you constantly search for on a daily basis?

In my experience there are some SERIOUS bargains out there!!!

-Emt1581
View Quote

Dude you need to slow down, you asked 2 questions in your OP. did you only mean to ask 1? Is it one long question separated by a question mark and space? Cause that shit would be fuckin confusing.

Some of the posts answered your first question but you kinda tarded your responses to the 2nd question. You need to be more clear what you ask for, or be smarter about the answers you get.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:45:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Stuff I've gotten off of CL
Colman multifuel lantern $10
Older coleman steel belted cooler $20
Brand new camelbak military version $15
Pelican case for my handguns $20 (free keys from pelican because they have awesome customer service)
And the latest, a Kelty external frame pack in almost new condition $40

I'm always looking for deals on camping gear and cast iron pans. Also keep an eye out for enamel plates bowls, but only if super cheap.

I love craigslist, I check it daily. Sometimes multiple times to check for updates
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's purdy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That's purdy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's purdy.

Thanks.
I am a Coleman man, but I had to buy it.

It is kinda scary firing it up with kerosene, what with the "flamethrower" pre-heater.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top