Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2014 6:51:48 AM EDT
The display was dim so I opened it up to swap out the battery and lo and behold it is a rectangular shrink wrapped thingy with a red and black pair going under the circuit board into the unit.

The manual says AAA #93891.

Now I'm guessing its two AAA batteries under the shrink wrap. ??
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:55:14 AM EDT
[#1]
We need a picture.  The manual says it's different than what you describe.  Page 10.

http://www.metersupport.com/manuals/82344_UMen.pdf
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:59:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Find the Harbor Freight "Free Meter" coupon and get one with a 9v inside.
Or, if you lived near me, I would have given you one.

Bill
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:57:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, what the manual says vs reality was a bit of a surprise lol

If it really is AAA cells then it would be simple to remove the shrink wrap and swap. But right now everything still works so I hesitate to mess with it.

Here is a google image screenshot

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:27:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Does it look like someone converted it to rechargeable batts?  You might open the wrapper to see what kind they are.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#5]
are those wires soldered to the PWB, or is there a mating connector?
the reason i ask is because that battery pack looks suspiciously like a common 2xAAA cordless phone pack.
it's either connectorized and you can drop in a 2xAAA cordless phone pack, or you can solder in a new 2xAAA cordless phone pack.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]
there was no immediately accessible connector
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top