Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2014 6:32:11 PM EDT
I'm heading to the beach next month to do some surf fishing and was wondering if there is anywhere I can order stingray meat online. I try and catch a few for bait but I would like to have some to bring with me just in case. I couldn't find much using google. Is it even legal to buy stingray meat?
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 7:25:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2014 7:25:43 PM EDT by 308endurdebate]
Originally Posted By MossyOakMan:
I'm heading to the beach next month to do some surf fishing and was wondering if there is anywhere I can order stingray meat online. I try and catch a few for bait but I would like to have some to bring with me just in case. I couldn't find much using google. Is it even legal to buy stingray meat?
View Quote

I don't know about mail order, but I buy skate wings at my seafood shop, so it's definitely legal. You could probably call some of the seafood shops (wholesalers/boats would be better) and have them keep some for you. Many places it's called by-catch... normal not sold and thrown away
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 6:16:30 AM EDT
I caught a few skate yesterday. Pain in the ass fish.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 8:12:43 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 308endurdebate:
I don't know about mail order, but I buy skate wings at my seafood shop, so it's definitely legal. You could probably call some of the seafood shops (wholesalers/boats would be better) and have them keep some for you. Many places it's called by-catch... normal not sold and thrown away
View Quote

Excellent idea and I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 9:07:01 AM EDT
Scalups just order some they are sea-ray plugs :)
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 9:09:58 AM EDT
You can buy anything on line if you have the dough...
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 3:35:26 PM EDT
I don't know where you are headed but St. Simons bait and tackle (Ga) sells cownose rays.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 3:36:17 PM EDT
Really, you can catch all the regular rays you want on fishing squid on the bottom.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 5:21:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By THeGiant573:
View Quote

Damn. Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:09:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BuckMKII:
Really, you can catch all the regular rays you want on fishing squid on the bottom.
View Quote

This.
Plenty of free ones out there. Heck, I HATE hooking them.
Bowfishing them is crazy popular here, so plenty of dead/rotten ones laying around.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:22:54 PM EDT
This may sound funny, but the best bait shop I have locally is an Asian food market. They have all kinds of stuff....cuttlefish, skate, etc.....it's intended as food, but it's actually really super cheap so I just go there instead of a proper bait shop. I can get five decent size whole squids for like two dollars and change.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:17:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/15/2014 2:20:26 PM EDT by WildBoar]
Originally Posted By THeGiant573:
View Quote
Lol not true at all. Its bullshit. They are decent if prepared right but the "fake scallops" is a myth that folks like to perpetuate for some reason.
Top Top