Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2008 4:32:11 PM EDT
Before the start of the Survivorman series, Les Stroud made a couple of prototype episodes of the concept.  These were aired on Discovery Canada, I don't know if they were ever shown in the US.  Discovery Canada has released them for free in streaming segments on their web site.  Might be interesting for fans of the Survivorman series.

Summer survival episode:

www.exn.ca/OneWeek/watch/

Winter survival episode:

www.exn.ca/oneweekwild/oneWeekCold/video.asp
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the links, I will be checking them out later.  I love les, straight love of course.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I love les, straight love of course.

Me too. In a very manly way.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you guys getting sound out of the videos?
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Old school tag so I remember to check them out later
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Just watched the winter episodes. Pretty cool. It's classic "survivorman" stuff.

Sadly, the summer episodes wouldn't play, I get "error loading codecs" or some such.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top