Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2012 6:58:37 PM EDT
I need a recommendation for an air mattress. This will not be used for camping but rather for sleeping on a concrete floor while I am having some renovations done. Please let me know if you have one that has served you well.

Rick
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought one at Cabelas. Intex brand, pillow rest. It comes with a built in electric pump. Just plug it in and flip the switch. It inflates very quickly. Very comfortable so far.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#2]
We have a "AeroBed" for several tears we use for occasional guests.  Uses regular bedding.

Not a recommendation, but that is what we put family and friends on
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I recommend that if you have a cat with claws, skip the air mattress.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Go cheap and get a Coleman from Target or Wally World.  They are comfortable enough and hold air pretty well.  You may want to throw a couple of heavy blankets on top to fill in the dimples a bit.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Ozark trail at wWalmart the high one with velour top.  Spend the extra cash and get the pump that takes D batts. My buddy lived on one with me for 9 months.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had several. When our dog was a puppy, she caused us to have to re-purchase several times The one I like best so far is the Coleman double height queen size with the air fan built in to it. It's perfect for what you want because every couple of days you can just reach back and top it off by turning on the fan. Just leave it plugged in. Be warned though, they are so comfortable that you might have a hard time going back to your regular bed after a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Get a good cot and throw an inexpensive mattress on it.

In the last 15 years, I've grown to hate air mattresses. I just don't sleep as well when they work, and sleep worse when I wake up in a taco.

Portability is the only benefit, and it's marginal at best.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#8]
i slept on a queen sized real Aero Bed for about 4 years, until it would no longer hold air...and that was my fault...nothing to do with the mattress.
i then bought some cheap knock off air mattress, that lasted about 4 months, that failed and it was not my fault.
i then bought another real Aero Bed. Used it for about another year...until I got a real bed. I still have that last Aero Bed and use it occasionally for company.

i  hate to say it but the Aero Bed was more comfortable than my real bed...and my real bed wasnt cheap. the only thing i got to dislike with the aero bed was essentially sleeping on the floor.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#9]
ive been camping with a coleman normal queen from basspro for a year (15 uses or so).. so for its been great.. blow it it and let it sit for about an 1/2 an hour then after it stretches itself add a bit add more air.. i always put a pad under it and a fitted sheet over.. im 300lbs and my wife is 140(?im guessing and not going to ask).. no squeeking issues and no late night leaks... its honestly pretty darn comfortable..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top