Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2011 4:45:45 PM EDT
I realize many companies have been popping up but also know they dont have the complete nutritional values one would need. So who sells a good complete 6 month food supply?  Im have limited space and will be in a bugout situation so looking at mobility as well, but thats secondary to nutritional values.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:58:38 PM EDT
[#1]
http://thesurvivalmom.com/2010/01/18/food-storage-advice-from-walton-feed/

http://waltonfeed.com/

Purchase from the same place many wholesalers do.  Walton Feed.  
They have been in business for over 56 years.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#2]
6 months for one person?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
6 months for one person?

1 for sure, maybe 2.

Im looking at the Mountain Kits and Wise Foods. I like that Wise has kits that are individual packets. I hate that once you open a #10 can, you need to use it.

I just ordered a sampler of the WISE and a "few" #10 Cans of MH for now. Ive only dealt with MH and heard so so reviews on Wise, so Ill try em and see what I think.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Most Wise packs that I have seen are not single serve, they are 4 servings per pouch.
Not nescessarily a big deal, especially if there are two of you.

We don't store much freeze dried anything, various reasons,  including sodium content.
But for portability, I agree it's probably your best bet.

The problem is getting enough calories to sustain yourself.
Most freeze dried menus I see rely on # of servings.
a serving is not a meal, most meals consist of at least 2-3 servings.
so, 6 months @ 2 servings/meal, that would require 1,080 servings per person.

Looking on their (Wise Foods) website, that would require about 9 buckets (@ 120 servings/bucket) of food per person.
and @ 18-20lbs/bucket - about 108lbs per person.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top