Major take-away in bold, in case you don't want to read my diatribe.
I may be cross-contaminating a *few threads, so my apologies if this is an inappropriate location. (*Those threads are: this one, my MagnetoSpeed Use on a 16" thread, and the LaRue Hand Loading Thread.) Also, I'm a bit of a 'Data Whore'.
I take it most folks are using a MagnetoSpeed.... I think it goes without saying that if you're NOT using a MagnetoSpeed, then it should be stated which chrony you are using. That can skew the numbers a bit. Here's the example I have experienced:
I used to use a Shooting Chrony F1 to get the data for my PredatAR 7.62. It was showing that my handloads had decent SD/ES numbers (10-15fps and 25-30 fps, respectively). When I translated that data into the ballistic computer (confuser), the numbers would never match up. I would ALWAYS have to adjust the MV in the computer to what the bullet was telling me... specifically that my bullets were going slower than what the Chrony F1 was showing me. I didn't expect much out of that little F1, so I wasn't really surprised that it wasn't giving me accurate data. I primarily used the F1 as an indicator of whether or not my handloading processes were actually producing tangible results. I was pleasantly surprised, however, that it was giving me precise data; the SD/ES numbers were nearly identical when I started using the Magnetospeed. The accuracy was spot on with the MagnetoSpeed; the bullet drops seen were extremely close to what the ballistic computer was showing me, within 0.1 mils at 1k yards.
The reason I bring this up is that some folks might see the data in this thread as a benchmark for what should be happening with similar ammo from THEIR gun. Specifically, if I were to see another rifle like mine that was shooting similar ammo, then I might be thinking that there's something right/wrong with MY gun/ammo combination when the data that I see isn't matching up with what others are experiencing. To be honest, I haven't seen too much craziness happening from load to load as it relates in the way of the 100 yard zero (my 41.5-43.0 grain loads all had a 100 yard zero that was within about .0.2 mils from each other) . However, since my normal target range with my LaRue is from the 250-800 yard range, the high SD/ES utterly cripples the long range accuracy capability from shot to shot.
I (sort of) apologize for the long winded response to this, but it's been eating at my brain for a while.