Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 4:55:48 PM EDT
at the trash dump, Rat found an old toliet and set it up, he literally shot the shit outta it, then his m4rgery jammed with good ammo, pried out the case with a screw driver, shot another mag and it did it again, but it was getting dark by then so we shot the pistols till it was too dark to see,

ran a mag through my 10, it didn't jam a bit, did kick up some dust from the concussion though, Rat didn't care for the side folder on my polish, it exagerates the recoil and makes it feel heavier than what it is, but damn it looks good,

I gotta get a tractor and create a berm and clear some lanes then make up a few tables for a decent range.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet,

Sorry I could not make it today.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess I should clean my AR at least once a year....hahaha. And the toilet was AWESOME! Porcelon *sp* is no match for a bullet....hahahaha  And that damn squirrel was lucky I didn't take the AR with me to set up some targets! hahaha Squirrel was like the Taliban, hiding! lol And wow, it was a beautiful day to literally shoot the shit! lol

Thanks Nden for lettin come n bust off a few rounds with ya this afternoon!

And DrBaker, we need to hook up so I can get a refund on the ammo I bought from you, after shooting all of it I noticed that ammo isn't worth a shit so I need a full and complete refund...and I know kinda about where the empty cases are if you wish to have them....hahahaha
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I guess I should clean my AR at least once a year....hahaha. And the toilet was AWESOME! Porcelon *sp* is no match for a bullet....hahahaha  And that damn squirrel was lucky I didn't take the AR with me to set up some targets! hahaha Squirrel was like the Taliban, hiding! lol And wow, it was a beautiful day to literally shoot the shit! lol

And DrBaker, we need to hook up so I can get a refund on the ammo I bought from you, after shooting all of it I noticed that ammo isn't worth a shit so I need a full and complete refund...and I know kinda about where the empty cases are if you wish to have them....hahahaha

That ammo came with a 30ft/30min warranty.  I believe it's expired.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I had to stop shooting my AR at one point, damn free float got to hot to hold onto, as for cleaning ARs more than once a year would be sacriledge around my house, now my 41deffinately needs cleaning, the cylider doesn't even spin freely its got so much carbon and lead build up, my 22/45, 10/22 got a brick shot through them yestarday and again today, 10/22s still going strong, but the pistol having leading issues, shot the side of an old washing machine with 22s, ARs, AKs all left little bitty holes we really couldn't tell apart from one another from where we were standing, then I broke out the 45lc, those holes were plain as day in the side,

all in all a pretty decent day, hell any day shooting is pretty decent, just finished my last smoke of the day and fixing another jack and coke, yep, rode the bike, shooting, smoking, drinking and nice weather, the only thing that'd make today better would be getting laid, but thats tomorrow morning, with the lights out, doggie style, because she said she don't like to see me smile so much, makes me look wicked or something or other.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That ammo came with a 30ft/30min warranty.  I believe it's expired.

DOH!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I gotta get a tractor and create a berm and clear some lanes then make up a few tables for a decent range.

I kind of did that with a dozer and track hoe. I've got two guys up north of Crescent that are damned good and honest. Lots of them dozer boys run te machine twice as much as they actually work. These guys will build you a pond in 1/2 acre or more in less than 8 hrs. They just redid John's pond and it ran him $1100. They tore the bottom out, dug it out 4 ft or so deeper, then repacked it so it would hold water this time.
Of course, it all  depends on what type of soil you have!
My son bitched at me this afternoon as I was unloading a 6 ft box blade and 8.5' disc on the back 20.
"First this place is an AK range, now its a horse ranch, now you think you're gonna be a farmer! You and that damn tractor!"
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:27:39 PM EDT
[#7]
hell if I had a tractor like yours, I could build the range I want in day or so, plus I would dam up the creek in front of my parents house, used to hold water in there but when their road was redone it messed up the little dam that was there, wasn't deep, bo ut 3 tf or so, but it was a natural pool, my plans are to dig it out some, the put about a 8' dam up with some overlfow pipe.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:12:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I had to stop shooting my AR at one point, damn free float got to hot to hold onto, as for cleaning ARs more than once a year would be sacriledge around my house, now my 41deffinately needs cleaning, the cylider doesn't even spin freely its got so much carbon and lead build up, my 22/45, 10/22 got a brick shot through them yestarday and again today, 10/22s still going strong, but the pistol having leading issues, shot the side of an old washing machine with 22s, ARs, AKs all left little bitty holes we really couldn't tell apart from one another from where we were standing, then I broke out the 45lc, those holes were plain as day in the side,

Let me know when y'all get ready to do it again.  I got a retired refrigerator that needs to get lit up.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Let me know when y'all get ready to do it again.  I got a retired refrigerator that needs to get lit up.

no problem man, but you gotta push it down the hill when we're done shooting it, we done shot all the cans I cared to look at, but I'm sure they be plenty more by the next time we get ready to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Pushing it down the hill won't be the problem...gettin it uploaded in front of the hill....unloading stuff sucks! lol
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#11]
And yeah...all the cans are trashed. Teddy bear is still hangin tough though....even though some of the stuffing has been blown outta him! hehe
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#12]
theres still those bikes, we can shoot at the spokes to prove how good of shots we are.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I wish I could have been there!  Sounds like you guys had some fun--a lot more than me today
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#14]
it was fun.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:19:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
hell if I had a tractor like yours,

Brother L, if you were close, I'd bring that tractor over and we'd go to town. The thing weighs around 7000 to 8000 lbs. One reason I got one that big was it is harder to steal.
I'm thinking around this time next year of selling it and buying a smaller one with trailer. A 40 hp or so, front loader, etc. All dependant on whether I get this buidling and lot I'm looking at. If I do, we'll see what we can do!
If you want to rent one, hell, that diesel Dodge of mine will haul it. One of those little Kubotas go for around $175 to $225 for a week end. A 4 ft bucket won't move a lot of dirt at one time but will get the job done. If you can back a dump truck up to the site with some red clay in it, you could do one hell of a small dam/berm.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#16]
well I've got a big block chevy to pull a trailer with, its just that what I need a tractor for would take me longer than a weekend, I rented one of the kabota, cost $175 for 8 hrs use, it just wasn't big enough to get what I wanted done in 8hrs, I think I need at a minimum about 30 hrs for what I've got planned, a dozer would work too, but their $300+ for 8hrs delivered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top